Super Mario 64 Online brings multiplayer to the classic platformer
Mario goes massively multiplayer in this new mod.
Kaze Emanuar is one of the biggest names in the Super Mario 64 modding scene, and today he's released his most ambitious project yet. Created in collaboration with SM64 speedrunners Melonspeedruns and Marshivolt, Super Mario 64 Online injects multiplayer capability into the seminal Nintendo 64 title, allowing players to join up online and leap around the Mushroom Kingdom together.
It's not all Mario clones, either. The mod introduces a bunch of new characters, each with their own unique abilities. Yoshi can flutter jump, Peach can float and Waluigi can use his lanky figure to jump higher than anyone else.
Like the rest of Kaze's work, Super Mario 64 Online is available as a free download from his Google Drive folder.
If you need a guide on setting up the mod, Kaze has a video for that, too.
In other Nintendo news, we recently reviewed (and loved) Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, and the Nintendo Switch is selling as fast as the 3DS did.
- Battle Royale: Treyarch says it will “do it best and better than” Fortnite, PUBG
- Rick and Morty Virtual Rick-ality Review: Show Me What You Got (in VR)
- Dragon’s Crown Pro Review: The pinnacle of 2D visuals
- Command the Australian Centurion in World Of Tanks
- Four Australian FIFA 18 players will compete for a ticket to the Global Series Playoffs tonight