Solid investment opportunities for your superannuation don’t have to come from super-sized super funds providers.
With Aon Master Trust employers, members, and advisers all benefit from simple and convenient superannuation investment solutions.
This trust was established in 1990 and has grown to over $3 billion in assets, serving over 450 employers and 50,000 members. As a part of the Aon Group, all members are able to benefit from the firm’s vast global resources and strength.
- For two years in a row the Aon Master Trust has been awarded by the Financial Review Smart Investor Blue Ribbon Awards as being the Retail Super Fund of the Year.
A closer look at Aon
If you choose to invest your superannuation with Aon you can either pick from a range of managed super funds or a direct option that gives you more control over where your funds are allocated.
There are various levels of risk and return which a financial advisor can help you with depending on what stage of life you are in, plus you have the ability to change your strategy at any time without being charged a switching fee.
Aon may not be the largest firm when you are making comparisons, but they do still have many of the same features you want when investing your superannuation.Back to top
What’s internet banking like for Aon?
Through the Aon website you are provided with a secure online banking service that allows you to access all of the information you need about your superannuation fund accounts. Not only are multiple tools provided that help you in making smart investment choices, but you can also personally manage your account by:
- Checking your account balance
- Getting an estimate of your super balance
- Changing your personal details
- Getting transaction statements
- Viewing your latest benefits statement
- Switching investments
- Accessing your direct investment option portal
- Checking your insurance covers
- Change any non-binding nominations
What super funds are offered by Aon?
Aon covers both corporate super needs and personal investment opportunities for superannuation funds. The Aon Master Trust can be structured in one of two ways:
- A mix of managed investment options or
- Direct investing options for those who want to be hands-on in the way in which their funds are being allocated.
Member’s default option is the Aon MySuper, a specially designed managed fund that changes strategies automatically as you near retirement age.
Up until you reach the age of 42, your superannuation funds will be invested into high growth accounts with greater risk. Afterwards, that risk is gradually reduced as more attention is placed on investing in products that are considered defensive. By the time you reach the age of 67, your funds are completely being allocated into products that have consistent rates of return without little risk to your investment cash.
It is through various partnerships that the Aon Master Trust is able to offer members a wide range of investment solutions. These include:
- Russel Investments. A specialist company in global and superannuation investing.
- Vanguard Investments Australia Ltd. An index funds specialist.
- Pillar. One of the leading administrators of superannuation funds and retirement income streams.
- AIA. An Australia group insurance cover company.
- BNP Paribas Securities Services. A global custodian and securities services provider.
What pension accounts are offered by Aon?
Super Income Stream from Aon is a tax-effective way of converting your super funds into a regular income payment that can either replace your salary if retired, or supplement it if you are still working. This flexible pension plan can combine your working salary, pension income and super fund into one place, reducing your tax obligations while allowing you to still maintain your lifestyle. There are two ways in which you can turn your super fund into a steady stream of income:
- Buy a transition or retirement pension that gives you flexibility and a supplemental income before you retire, or
- Buy a retirement pension when you have stopped working that gives you a regular income to live off of.
In order to qualify you will need to make a minimum $20,000 investment from your super fund savings, which can be done easily by rolling them together into the pension account. The only thing left to do is let Aon know how much you need to receive and how often (in compliance with government limits) and the superannuation firm will take care of the rest.Back to top
How do I apply for an Aon super fund?
With so much of your financial future riding on your superannuation, choosing a super fund should not be taken lightly. If after having made careful comparisons between various providers you find that Aon’s services fit your goals, you will find the application forms online for all available products.
- Keep in mind that if you are applying for the pension account you will need to have reached retirement age first.
- The application to become a member of Aon will ask you for all of your personal and employment details, plus you will need to make choices at this time about the time of investments you want and the insurance covers you need.
- A minimum of $2,000 is required to start your super fund, which can be transferred from another financial institution into your new account.
- Separate forms are provided that give permission to Aon to receive partial or full payments of your funds held in other trusts.