ANZ Wealth: Offering a range of superannuation and retirement solutions
ANZ Smart Choice Super provides a simple and flexible way to grow your superannuation wealth.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
One of Australia’s Big Four banks, ANZ is a presence in over 30 markets internationally, including the Pacific, Europe and America. Being included in the list of top 50 banks globally gives them an edge in foreign markets, and a unique advantage for superannuation funds.
This has helped them create super funds for individuals as well as employee based, that focus on building a nest egg you can retire with. The super funds offered by ANZ are not industry based, allowing for Australians from all types of industries and backgrounds to benefit.
Compare the many features that you get with ANZ against other super funds to find out which one is best suited for your retirement plans.
What awards has ANZ earned?
- The Smart Choice Pension – Growth was awarded a Best of the Best award by Money Magazine in the lowest cost pension fund category for 2016.
- In SuperRatings 2016 product rating the ANZ Smart Choice Super, ANZ Smart Choice Pension and Smart Choice Super Employers and Employees all received a gold rating.
- The ANZ Smart Choice Super was also award a Fast Mover by SuperRatings in 2016.
A closer look at ANZ
ANZ makes it easy to decide how to manage your superannuation funds by detailing what each account offered is meant to accomplish. You will find self-managed super options, superannuation, a transition to retirement account, pension, and an employer sponsored super fund for employees. There is even special products that help you to make that transition to retirement and a pension plan to see you through. The super funds are designed to be moved from one job to the next with ease, so that you don’t miss a day of increasing your savings.
What’s the internet portal like for ANZ?
ANZ provides its super members with a comprehensive internet banking platform that allows you to instantly see your investments and make your own financial choices. The Grow by ANZ app makes it mobile, with features such as the ability to round up your super and track contributions, invest in shares and even make donations to your favourite charities.
What super funds are offered by ANZ?
You have a number of choices regarding ANZ and your superannuation depending on what stage of life you are in, and how you want to manage your retirement.
- ANZ Smart Choice Super. This individual superannuation investment solution is simple to manage with expert advice available to help you make the right decisions for your money. Even if you change your employment, ANZ will make it easy to take your super fund with you. Being ranked as one of the lowest priced super funds in Australia, this is an economically friendly choice to consider for your retirement funds. The fund offers a choice between Lifestage investment options or your own choice of managed portfolio. These differ in risk level, so there's something available for everyone at any age.
- Employer based super. Australian employers are able to offer the Smart Choice Super to their employees who will then get the same benefits and features of the individual plan. With this, they will be able to transfer all of their superannuation funds into one, without having to fill out any paper forms or pay multiple sets of fees.
- ANZ Smart Choice Transition to Retirement. For those Australians who are aged between 55 and 65, but have not yet left the Australian workforce, the transition to retirement provides you with a secure way to continue investing your superannuation funds, even if you need to make withdrawals to help with your expenses. Like with the other super funds from ANZ, you are permitted to choose your own investment mix, or take advantage of Lifestage investments, which will automatically make adjustments to match your age and proximity to retirement.
- ANZ Self Managed Super. ANZ can help you set up and manage your SMSF. You're still in control of your super and your investment decisions, but ANZ can help with the admin and compliance logistics that comes with managing an SMSF. You can manage your SMSF in the online Member Dashboard, and you'll get access to the ANZ Share Investing share trading service too.
With any super fund provided through ANZ, you will also have the option of choosing insurance covers that will help protect you and your family. There will be no forms to complete or medical check needed for this coverage, and no fees will be drawn from your salary. If you wish to add more insurance, you will be able to once the super fund account is opened.
What pension accounts are offered by ANZ?
The ANZ Smart Choice pension account helps to make your retirement easy by providing you with multiple investment options of various growth potential, while at the same time giving you access to your funds so that you can continue with the lifestyle you are accustomed to. You choose how often a payment is made to you, or take out lump sum amounts when you need to.
Your superannuation funds are critical to your retirement. No matter which stage of life you are in, take the time to compare all of your options with various super fund providers before making a final choice on where to stash your retirement cash.
How do I apply for ANZ super funds?
With ANZ, you are able to apply for any super fund product, including a pension, online. It should take less than ten minutes to complete your application, and ANZ will assist you if you would like to consolidate various superannuation accounts into the one. For the pension account you will need to be receiving your pension in Australia if you have retired after reaching preservation age.
You will also be eligible if you are between the ages of 60 and 64 and have stopped working, or not working because of a permanent medical condition.
Super funds are only available to individuals receiving the superannuation in Australia, which will be verified when you submit your application online. Expect to provide information about the type of investments you would like to make, as well as the insurance products you are interested in.
Once submitted, your application will be reviewed and ANZ will begin the process of consolidating your superannuation into one easy to manage product.
More guides on Finder
Superannuation statistics 2021
There are 24.4 million super accounts in Australia from a total of 84 funds, with MySuper assets equalling $812 billion. Find out more in our report.
Are you better off putting $10k in your home loan or in super?
Our experts crunch the numbers to help you work out the best place to park your money: is it your mortgage or your super fund?
Sunsuper vs HESTA: Which super fund is right for you?
We've compared the fees, investment options and performance for both Sunsuper and HESTA to help you choose between these two popular super funds.
Hostplus vs HESTA: Which super fund is right for you?
Hostplus and HESTA are two popular industry super funds, but which is right for you? We've compared their fees, investment options and performance side by side to help you choose.
QSuper vs Sunsuper: Which super fund is right for you?
We've compared the fees, investment options and performance for both QSuper and Sunsuper to help you choose between these two popular super funds.
AustralianSuper vs LUCRF Super
We compare the fees, investments and performance of AustralianSuper and LUCRF Super so you can see which super fund might be right for you.
AustralianSuper vs Rest Super: Which super fund is right for you?
AustralianSuper and Rest are two popular industry super funds, but how do they compare on fees, performance and investment options?
AustralianSuper vs Hostplus: Which super fund is right for you?
Can't decide between AustralianSuper or Hostplus? We've compared their fees, performance and investment options side-by-side to help you choose.
Financial Fitness Challenge Week 4: Make your savings and investments work harder for you
This is the final week of our 4-week financial fitness challenge, where we help you understand your savings, super and investments.
Planning your retirement? Here are 4 things you need to know about reverse mortgages
SPONSORED: A reverse mortgage could let you use some of your home equity to fund your retirement costs. Here's what you need to know.
Ask an Expert