Consolidate your debts with a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 18 months with no BT fee and save with a discounted first year annual fee.
No longer offeredThe Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card - Exclusive Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of Suncorp credit cards here.
The Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card is a premium rewards card that offers points for every dollar spent on eligible purchases, with the choice between Suncorp Bank Rewards or Qantas Frequent Flyer points (for an additional annual fee of $49).
This card also offers complimentary travel insurance and purchase insurance options, a discounted annual fee for the first year, as well as a competitive balance transfer offer of 0% p.a. for 18 months with no balance transfer fee (reverts to the standard cash advance rate of 21.99% p.a. thereafter.
Benefits of the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card
- Balance transfers. Apply and get approved by 30 September 2018 to take advantage of a 0% p.a. balance transfer offer for 18 months with no balance transfer fee (reverting to the cash advance rate). You can transfer balances worth of up to 80% of your credit limit (subject to approval).
- Discounted annual fee. The Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card charges a discounted annual fee of $99 for the first year ($129 p.a. thereafter).
- Suncorp Qantas Frequent Flyer. For an annual fee of $49, you can opt-in to earn 0.5 Qantas points for every $1 spent on eligible purchases (capped at $8,000 per statement period).
- International travel insurance. Purchase your overseas travel tickets with your Platinum Credit Card and you and your family can get cover for medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation, loss or theft of personal items and more.
- Interest-free period. If you pay your balance in full by the statement due date, you can get up to 55 days interest-free on your purchases.
- Suncorp Bank Rewards. Earn 1.25 points per $1 spent on eligible purchases and redeem them for travel, merchandise and more through the Suncorp Bank Rewards program.
- Purchase cover. Offers insurance against damage, theft and loss for new purchases you make with your card.
- Interstate flight inconvenience insurance. Provides cover for you, your spouse and dependent children for costs relating to flight delays, luggage delays, unexpected cancellations and other inconveniences that may arise when you're travelling in Australia.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. Allows you to be reimbursed for the difference in price, up to $500, between a covered product you have purchased on your card and the same covered product advertised in a catalogue at a lower price.
- Transit accident insurance. Provides travel insurance coverage for injury or death caused by accidents when you're on a trip you've paid for with your Suncorp Clear Options Platinum card.
Features of the Suncorp Clear Options Platinum Credit Card
- Maximum credit limit. There is a maximum credit limit of $30,000 on this card. Note that individual credit limits are subject to Suncorp Bank's lending criteria. Depending on your circumstances, your credit limit may be lower than the maximum available.
- Interest rate for purchases. The standard variable interest rate of 20.74% p.a. will be charged for purchases.
- Interest rate for cash advances. Cash advances will attract a standard rate of 21.99% p.a. (variable).
- Purchase with payWave. You can make instant purchases using Visa payWave when the transaction is less than $100.
- Platinum benefits. Other platinum benefits include access to a personal concierge services, extended warranty coverage and, special offers and discounts including exclusive tickets to theatre, dance, musicals, sporting events, dinner and travel packages.
- Security. This card comes with 24/7 customer service and emergency card replacement.
- Rewards cap. The earn rate for Suncorp Bank Rewards is uncapped. For cardholders who have opted into the Qantas Frequent Flyer program, you can only earn Qantas Points on eligible purchases up to $8,000 per statement period.
With premium features including rewards and complimentary insurance, plus the potential for a high credit limit, the Suncorp Bank Clear Options Platinum Credit Card is a competitive premium product. Now that you know more about these features and offers available, you can compare this card to others to find the right option for you.Back to top