Earn rewards for your spending, take advantage of complimentary insurance options and enjoy the flexibility of an adjustable credit limit with the Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card.
The Clear Options Gold Credit Card gives you complimentary access to the Suncorp Bank Rewards Program, earning rewards for your purchases on the account. With no point expiry as long as the account is active, you can also save points up for flights, merchandise and a wide range of other rewards.
|Product Name||Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card|
|Rewards Program||Suncorp Bank Rewards Program|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||20.50% p.a.|
|Annual fee||$120 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.99% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3.4% of transaction value|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||No|
|Annual fee||$120 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $30, whichever is the greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$10|
|Cash Advance Fee||3.50% of the transaction amount, with minimum of $3.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||1.50% of transaction amount|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||No|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||4|
- You can enjoy an interest-free period of up to 55 days on purchases.
- This card comes with complimentary insurance covers including Purchase Security Insurance and Guaranteed Pricing Scheme.
- There is a high purchase interest rate of 20.5% p.a.
|Rewards Program||Suncorp Bank Rewards Program|
|Rewards Points per $ spent (VISA/MC)||1|
|Rewards Points per $ (VISA/MC) Cap||1,500|
Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card review
This gold card combines the convenience of credit with premium benefits including rewards and complimentary extras. It offers generous credit limits of up to $25,000, subject to lending criteria and approval.
Suncorp Bank also offers a platinum version of the Clear Options credit card, giving you even more buying power with a credit limit of up to $30,000.
Benefits of the Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card
- Rewards program. Earn 1 Rewards point for every $1 spent for the first $1,500 each month and 0.5 Rewards points thereafter for the remainder of the statement month.
- Purchase cover. Get more peace of mind for big purchases with complimentary purchase coverage of up to $125,000.
- Guaranteed pricing scheme. Get a refund on the price difference when you purchase an item in-store and then see it advertised at a lower price elsewhere. You can claim the difference within 60 days if the price difference is greater than $75 (up to $500), the product hasn't been purchased online and the lower-priced item is in a catalogue from a store within 25kms of the store from where the covered products were purchased.
- Interest-free period. You will have up to 55 days to pay for the items that you charge to your card without accumulating any interest feels. Please note that you need to pay your balance in full every statement period to be eligible.
- Extra cards. You are allowed to have up to 4 extra cards at no extra cost. You will still maintain responsibility for this account and all purchases and charges applied to it.
Features of the Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card
- Interest rate. For purchases made on the Clear Options Gold Credit Card, you will be charged 20.5% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. On ATM withdrawals, you will be charged 21.99% p.a.
- Credit limit. Subject to approval, you can get a credit limit of up to $25,000.
- Annual fee. Your account will be charged $120 on your credit card statement.
- Visa card. Use your card in-person and online, anywhere Visa is accepted.
How to apply for the Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card
To be eligible to apply for this credit card, you must meet the following requirements:
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for the Clear Options Gold Card.
- Residency. Only permanent residents or citizens of Australia will be accepted as candidates.
- Income. Your yearly taxable income cannot be less than $30,000.
- Existing customers. Current Suncorp Bank account holders are welcome to apply so long as they have held that account for over nine months.
Here is the list of documents that you must provide in order to apply for Suncorp Clear Options Gold Credit Card:
- Personal information. Be prepared to provide you full name, address and phone number when filling out the application.
- Identification. You will be asked to supply your driver's license number, if you have one.
- Residential status. You will be asked for information about your current living arrangements and your prior one if you have been at your residence for less than three years.
- Reference. Also be ready to provide contact information for a reliable reference, such as a friend or family member, so long as they don't live at the same address as you.
- Employment verification. In order to confirm your work details, the bank will ask that you provide the name, address and phone number of your current employer.
- Income verification. Before- and after-tax totals for your annual and monthly income will be required by the bank.
- Other income. You may also include other forms of income, such as what you might receive in monthly rental payments.
- Expenditures. Details regarding your monthly expenses, including rental and utilities payments, will be required. In addition, have ready information about any other open credit cards you have. Include the balance and available credit.
The Suncorp Bank Clear Options Gold Credit Card is an entry-level premium credit card that offers rewards and complimentary extras as well as competitive rates and fees. Compare this card to other similar products so that you can find the right option for your needs.Back to top