The Suncorp Clear Options Business credit card offers up to 55 days interest-free on purchases and additional cards for employees. You can also set individual monthly limits for each card, get separate statements and track overall account spending, which could help speed up accounting tasks. While it offers a choice of rewards, you can also choose not to earn any to keep account costs down.
Suncorp Clear Options Business credit card
- Purchase rate
- 18.45% p.a.
- Reward point per $ spent
- Annual fee
- $45 p.a.
- Interest-free on purchases
- Up to 55 days
This card comes with a low annual fee of $45
You'll get rewarded with 1 point per $1 on eligible business spending.
This card offers an interest-free period of up to 55 days on retail purchases.
The standard membership level of the Suncorp Rewards Program costs an extra $20 p.a. (per card) and the premium membership costs an extra $69 p.a. (per card).
|Product Name||Suncorp Clear Options Business Credit Card|
|Purchase rate p.a.||18.45%|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate p.a.||19.45%|
|Min credit limit||$2,000|
|Max credit limit||$250,000|
|Available to temporary residents||No|
|Rewards program||Suncorp Bank Rewards Program|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1|
|Rewards points cap||80,000|
|Late payment fee||$30|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3.4%|
|Cash advance fee||3.5% or $3.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||1.5%|
|Additional cardholder fee||$45|
|Number of additional cardholders||99|
How to applyYou can apply for the Suncorp Clear Options Business credit card in a branch or by calling the customer service team on 1300 628 578. Before you apply, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements and have all the relevant documents and details on hand.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Business requirements. Your business must have been operating for at least 2 years before you can apply for this card. You also need to be be the business owner, partner or company director and intend to use the account primarily for business spending.
- Business details. This includes the type of business, legal name of applicant, business trading name, contact details and Australian Business Number (if it’s a partnership or trust).
- Business financial details. This includes details of your business profits, assets and liabilities for at least 2 consecutive years. You will also need to provide your accountant's contact details and supporting documentation, such as recent BAS (Business Activity Statements) or tax assessment notices.
- Personal details. You will need to provide details such as your full name, date of birth, driver's licence number, nationality and both your personal and work contact information. If more than one business owner is applying, the second applicant will also have to provide these details.
- Personal financial information. This includes your income and assets, such as a home or investment property, as well as liabilities including mortgage payments, rent, credit cards and other loans.
- Additional cards for employees. Add up to 99 additional cardholders to this account and set individual spending limits for each one. You can also get monthly statements issued separately to each additional cardholder.
- Account management. Keep track of spending for each cardholder and across the entire account through Internet and mobile banking. You'll also get a monthly account statement that shows all of the transactions, which can help speed up accounting and budgeting tasks.
- Suncorp Rewards option. This option gives you 1 point per $1 spent on eligible purchases, up to 80,000 points per year on each card. You can redeem these points for a variety of rewards including gift cards, travel bookings, retail items and point transfers to Flybuys, Velocity Frequent Flyer, Emirates Skywards or Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer. A yearly rewards fee of $20 p.a. per card applies for this option. While eligible purchases include most everyday spending, transactions that don't earn points include BPAY payments, government transactions (including payments to the ATO), cash advances, account fees and the purchase of foreign currency.
- Qantas Points option. If you want to earn Qantas Points, you can opt to have your rewards automatically transferred to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account at a rate of 2.5 Suncorp Rewards points to 1 Qantas Point. This is equivalent to earning 0.4 Qantas Points per $1 spent. You can redeem your points for flight rewards, upgrades and more through the Qantas Frequent Flyer website. An annual rewards fee of $69 p.a. per card applies for this option.
- Personal business assistant. If you choose to earn rewards through this account, you'll also get access to a personal assistant service that can help with tasks including travel event and hotel bookings, gift shopping and conference services.
- Suncorp Travel Centre. This online portal is available for rewards cardholders and gives you a way to search for flights, accommodation, car hire and holiday packages, with the option of using points to help pay for your trip.
- Interest-free days. This card gives you up to 55 days interest-free on purchases if you pay the full account closing balance by the due date on your statement.
- Visa benefits. This card gives you access to exclusive pre-sale ticket and entertainment offers through Visa Entertainment. You can also get an extra layer of security for online purchases via Visa Secure.
- Mobile wallets. You can link your credit card with Apple Pay and Samsung Pay to make contactless payments with your eligible smartphone or smartwatch.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. An annual fee of $45 applies for each card linked to your Suncorp Clear Options Business credit card account.
- Purchase rate. Purchases you make with this card attract an interest rate of 18.45% p.a.
- Cash advance rate. If you use this card to withdraw cash or for any other cash advance transaction, an interest rate of 19.45% p.a. will apply from the date of the transaction.
- International transaction fee. A fee of 3.4% applies for every transaction made overseas or online in a foreign currency.
- Security. This card offers lost card replacement within 24 hours, zero liability for fraudulent transactions and FRAUDSHIELD security.
You are about to post a question on finder.com.au:
- Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
- finder.com.au is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
- We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
- Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked
July 13, 2018
Can I access my Suncorp Clear Options Visa account online rather than waiting for the statement to be mailed?
July 13, 2018
Thanks for leaving a question on finder.
Yes. The easiest way to activate your card is via Suncorp Internet Banking. Register or log into Suncorp Internet Banking and go to Credit Card Services> Card Services> Card Activation/Deactivation. Alternatively, you can call them on their customer service hotline. You must activate your card and set up your PIN before you can start using it. If you are an additional card holder, the primary cardholder is required to activate their card first.
Show more Show less
May 16, 2016
I try to create the Internet Banking. but I can not success to open.
Sharon Sombrero Finder
May 16, 2016
Hi Surendra, thanks for your comment.
Online application requires a reliable internet connection and make sure that the uploaded attachments meet the specific file sizes. Otherwise, you may have entered some information incorrectly or there could’ve been an issue on their end. We would recommend that you contact Suncorp directly on 13 11 75 or visit their local branch to receive assistance with your application.
I hope this helps.
Show more Show less
August 11, 2015
What is the difference in rewards between the standard and premium rewards programme.
August 11, 2015
Hi Glen, thanks for your inquiry!
If you are a Suncorp credit card holder you are automatically enrolled into the rewards program. Standard and premium rewards options are available through this program. For more information on this rewards program please refer to the link I have sent to your email.
Show more Show less