Receive up to $500,000 in Accidental Death Cover from Suncorp.
Accidents cause around 130 deaths every week across Australia (ABS, 2009), with those between the age of 25 to 44 years old being the most at risk (Suncorp, 2011). According to Suncorp’s ‘The Year of Living of Living Dangerously’ report, 40 is considered to be the most dangerous year of your life, with 2,277 accidental deaths recorded across five categories; roads (54%), poisoning (25%), falls (11%), drowning (6%) and choking (4%).
If you are the main income earner of the family or the primary carer of the children and the household, it is important to consider a form of financial protection cover if you are to suddenly pass away due to an accident. Accidental death insurance from Suncorp can provide your family with a lump sum payment up to $500,000 to meet their financial commitments in the event of your death as a result of an accident.
What does the policy cover
With Suncorp Accidental Death Plan, you are making sure that your loved ones are fully equipped to keep up with the financial obligations that will still accumulate even if you are no longer around. While there is no guarantee that no harm will ever come your way, you can rest assured that your family will be protected by Suncorp accidental death cover in the event of your death due to an accident.
Some of the valuable benefits of the Suncorp Accidental Death Plan include:
- Accidental Death Benefit: A lump sum benefit will be payable to your nominated beneficiaries if you die as a result of an accident within 365 days after the event, up to a maximum of $500,000.
- Coverage until your 80th birthday: Your coverage will continue until you turn 80 years old.
- Premium Protector Benefit: Your personal insurance premiums will be covered by Suncorp for up to 12 months with a maximum benefit of $2,000, if you have a disability due to an accident and are unable to work for at least 90 consecutive days.
- Cash Back Benefit: You can take advantage of the 10% cash back on the premiums you have paid every three years, given that you continuously hold the accidental death policy and no claim has been paid.
- Automatic Indexation: Your benefit amount will be automatically increased annually in line with the indexation factor so it can keep up with inflation.
- Discount offers: There are two types of discounts that are offered through Suncorp accidental death cover; Large Sum Insured Discount and Family Discount. With Large Sum Insured Discount, the higher the amount you have chosen to insure, the higher the discount that you will be eligible for.
- No medicals required: You will not be required to undergo a medical check-up to apply for accidental death policy.
- Worldwide cover: Your policy cover will be applicable even if you are overseas and available 24/7.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible to apply for Suncorp accidental death cover, you will have to be:
- Between the age 18 and 75;
- An Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia.
You can apply easily by filling in the application form online. If you require further assistance regarding your insurance needs and the amount of cover that is suitable to your situation, it is recommended to consult one of our insurance experts, who can tailor their advice accordingly and find you the best insurance policy.
There is 30-day cooling-off period starting from the date you commence your Suncorp accidental death policy to check whether or not this cover fulfils your needs. If you find that the policy no longer suits your requirements, you can cancel during the cooling-off period and the premiums paid will be fully refunded.
With a wide range of features and benefits, you will find that the Suncorp Accidental Death Plan is ideal for anyone who wants to protect the financial future of their families and who wants to benefit from peace of mind. Suncorp Accidental Death Plan cover has many benefits and you also don’t need to go through any medical exams. It is fast and easy to obtain, without sacrificing quality and affordability of the accidental death cover from Suncorp.