Stride Flexi give you the flexibility of a rental vehicle, but with the benefit of future ownership, so you get the best of both worlds if you want to drive for a living with a service like Uber.
If you are an experienced Uber driver but don’t have the capital to buy your own car, then renting is one possibility. Stride Flexi offers a rent to own service, where by you make weekly payments, which contribute towards you purchasing the car. It is only available for experienced rideshare drivers.
By renting from Stride Flexi you eliminate the need for capital or a loan to purchase a vehicle. Most ongoing cost are include the the rental fee, so your expense budgeting will be simpler.
Things to consider about renting a vehicle through Stride
Stride Flexi is a rent-to-own program where you pay an all-inclusive weekly fee which gives you unlimited access to a vehicle. After four years of payments you will own the vehicle. The rental fee includes insurance, routine maintenance, tyres and unlimited kilometres so you can drive as much as you desire.
There is a application fee and a hand-back fee if you decide that driving for a living is no longer for you, but otherwise there are no other fees. Stride Flexi has a range of late model vehicles to choose from. Stride Flexi is available in 12 locations across Australia.
Whilst we don't compare offers from this company, please use the table below to compare similar products.
Features of Stride’s vehicle rental
Stride Flexi is a rent-to-own service, so every dollar you spend goes towards paying for you car. Here are some of the other benefits:
- Unlimited kilometres. Don’t be stuck paying to drive more kilometres or use the car for personal trips.
- Included extras. All vehicles come with comprehensive insurance, routine maintenance and tyre changes included in the rental fee.
- Roadside assistance. Stride Flexi cars have 24/7 roadside assist available if you encounter any car issues.
- Various models available. Choose a car that suits your driving preferences, with hundreds of vehicles available.
- Late model cars. All cars are 2011 models or newer with less than 100,000kms on the clock.
- Short term trial available. You have a 12-week trial period before committing to the full 4-year rental.
- Full ownership after rental term. After the 4 years you can purchase the vehicle for $1, but you are not obliged to.
- Option to return the car. Hand back the vehicle at anytime by paying a $500 fee.
How much does it cost to rent a vehicle with Stride?
- Weekly fee. Weekly fees range from $189 to $279, depending on the size and style of vehicle you choose. Fees are paid in advance weekly.
- Application fee. There is a $250 application fee paid when you apply.
- Hand back fee. Pay $500 to stop renting and hand back your vehicle at any time.
- Insurance excess. The comprehensive insurance that comes included with the car has an excess of $1,100.
- Damage. Fair wear and tear is acceptable but any other damage must be paid for by the renter.
How to sign up with Stride
To apply for a rental from Stride Flexi, fill out this form and someone from the Stride Flexi team will be in contact to discuss your application.
Not everyone is approved for the rent-to-own scheme with Stride Flexi. Stride Flexi will consider your history as a rideshare driver when assessing your application. Here are the minimum requirements to rent from Stride Flexi:
- Have an ABN
- Be registered for GST
- Be over 25 years old
- Be a registered and approved rideshare driver.
- Have a credit card
- Have an e-toll account in NSW or VIC
When you apply you will need to following documents:
- Valid Australian driver’s licence
- A credit card
- A copy of your driving record
Stride Flexi offers an all-inclusive rental option, which may be a simpler way to self drive for Uber. It also may be a viable way to finance the purchase of a car if you don’t wish to take out a loan. However, It is worth comparing the cost of a standard loan and of rental vehicles before committing to a rent-to-buy deal.