Stress less, sleep more
Taking it easy is the number one resolution for Australians this year.
Stress less, sleep more, relax as you meditate cross-legged on the floor. These are the top health resolutions for Australians heading into 2018, according to a survey conducted by finder.com.au.
The research found that reducing stress is the number one goal for Aussies, with 33% saying that they plan to reduce their stress levels in 2018 by meditating. Just behind reducing stress is getting more sleep, which is a goal for 32% of respondents. Rounding out the top three health resolutions is cutting out sugar (31%).
The number of those setting a health resolution is up substantially year-on-year, with 72% of Australians planning some kind of health goal in 2018, up from 59% in 2017.
Probably not surprisingly, the old faithful "quit smoking" is on the cards for 10% of Australians.
If you're planning on getting healthier in 2018, you might be able to claim for some items on your extras cover. Your extras cover help you with some of the costs associated with weight management, quit smoking programs and even your gym membership.
If you don't already have cover, compare your options and find a policy with the right extras benefits for you.
Compare your health insurance options today
- Money Hacks: Save money on your New Year’s health resolution
- Private health insurance premiums to rise by 3.25% in 2019
- How to opt-out of My Health Record top Google search for Australians
- Australia is divided on whether genetic testing for setting life insurance premiums is fair
- Waiting times for elective surgeries rise