Stream UFC 221: Romero vs Rockhold on your PlayStation 4
Sony PlayStation offers an alternative way to stream the big brawl.
Not all that long ago, pay-per-view events were a luxury afforded only to Foxtel subscribers willing to fork out the extra cash on the big day. But over the last year, the UFC has escaped Foxtel's exclusive grapple and is tapping middleweight content providers like Fetch to deliver blow-by-blow coverage. Today, a new partnership has been announced between Sony PlayStation and the UFC that begins with the fight for the interim middleweight title between Yoel Romero and Luke Rockhold.
MMA fans who own a PlayStation 4 can stream the match live when the match kicks off at 2pm on Sunday, 11 February 2018. To do so, simply search for "UFC 221: Romero vs Rockhold" in the PlayStation Store and purchase the event for $49.95. The video will then become available in the My Videos sections (where the viewer will find a timer counting down to the event).
If you're a PS Plus subscriber, you can knock an extra 10% off the cost, bringing it down to $45.
PlayStation describes this as a new "pay-per-view service" that is coming to PlayStation 4 but failed to give any more information on any such service. Whether this is a once-off deal or we'll see more pay-per-view events available via the PlayStation Store is yet to be seen, but we've reached out to PlayStation for further information and clarity.
- Kayo vs Optus Sport: Which service offers more for football fans?
- What to watch this week: Shape of Water and Star Wars Resistance
- Disney+ streaming service: What we know so far about price, release date and exclusives
- This week in streaming: The Coen Brothers bring a ballad to the Wild West and Foxtel plants its flag on Castle Rock
- Telstra TV gets voice commands via Google Assistant integration