How to stream Australia vs India test cricket for free
You don't have to miss a single ball this Australian summer as you can stream Kayo Sports to your phone, tablet, TV or computer for free for a limited time.
What an interesting Australian test cricket summer we have coming up. Four tests against India, perhaps our fiercest rival in the modern era. Led by the passionate and polarising Virat Kohli, the Indians have surged up the rankings to be the number one test cricketing nation in the world.
Meanwhile, Australia has plummeted to number five, thanks in part to continued struggles when playing in Asia.
The Australia vs India test series begun Thursday 6 December at the Adelaide Oval and Australia picked a compelling side. With Steve Smith, Cameron Bancroft and David Warner suspended, Marcus Harris will make his test debut opening the batting. Peter Handscomb replaced Mitchell Marsh in the middle order and Travis Head retained his spot.
It didn't last, unfortunately. After losing the first game and winning the second, Australia swapped Handscomb for Mitchell Marsh for the Boxing Day Test and got rolled. Now, with the New Year Test at Sydney's iconic SCG, more changes are on the cards. Marcus Labuschagne has been drafted in as an alternate spinner who is handy with the bat, potentially to replace Mitchell Marsh (and therefore Handscomb).
Will this be the line-up that can finally rattle the Indian team? You can find out for free for a limited time.
Stream test cricket for free in HD
There have been some big changes to the Australian cricket broadcast rights for this summer. We've done a detailed comparison of all the options on where to watch Australia vs India, including the pros and con of each service. This includes the new free-to-air rights for Channel 7, the nerfing of the Cricket Live app and the arrival of Kayo Sports.
It's the latter we will focus on here. Kayo Sports only launched last week, but already it's risen to the number one spot for live sports streaming in Australia. It has the perfect mix of price ($25 per month) and sport (over 50 sports, including live sport, on-demand matches, discussion panels, conferences and entertainment programming).
For a full run-down, you can check out our review. Needless to say, it's the sport-specific features the streaming app offers that will blow you away. This includes:
- A picture-in-picture mode.
- Split-screen, allowing you to watch up to four screens at once.
- Gameday hub page filled with all relevant content.
- Jump-to-highlight-moment feature, so you can see all the good bits.
- Hide scores, if you're arriving late to the party.
- The ability to choose alternate commentary. This includes Hindi commentary from Sunil Gavaskar and Harbhajan Singh.
- Support for iOS, Android, browsers, ChromeCast, Apple TV and Telstra TV.
- Streamed in HD resolution.
- Can stream on two screens simultaneously on the basic plan.
The good news is that Kayo Sports has a 14-day free trial period running for a limited time. Sign-up is fast and easy. You can do it through any device and be watching in no time. Which means, if you want to stream live cricket for free right now, you can do it no matter where you are. If you don't like the service, cancelling before the end of the 14 days is instant and easy. But if you keep it, you'll get the whole test series within the first month for $25.
- The Match-Up: Finder’s NRL comparison – Best goal-kickers
- A-League fixtures, results and TV guide 2019
- AFL fixtures and Results 2019 – Every game, start time and where to watch guide
- Full 2019 NRL draw and NRL results – Entire NRL fixtures list and schedule
- How to watch Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 online for free