Stratton Finance Novated Lease review
Use your pre-tax income to lease a car and save on tax.
If you're looking for a new car but don't want all the costs associated with ownership, a car lease may be worth considering. While there are many car lease options available, a novated car lease can also reduce the amount tax you pay by using your pre-tax income.
The lease works as a three-way agreement between you, your employer and the finance provider. Your employer will arrange for your lease payments to be made directly from your pre-tax income, so you can get the vehicle you want and increase your disposable income.
With a Stratton Finance novated lease, the associated running costs of the vehicle will also be included in your lease payments, further reducing your taxable income. You can lease the car of your choice for up to five years and even retain the vehicle if you change jobs, provided your new employer also supports novated leasing.
Interest Rate (p.a.)
Comparison Rate (p.a.)
How does a novated lease from Stratton Finance work?
If you want to get a novated lease, you can use the Stratton Finance website to apply for a quote or get started on your application. Once you have been approved, your employer will organise for your payments to be made directly from your pre-tax income to cover the lease and running costs of the car, including insurance payments, fuel, registration and repairs.
You can lease a new or used vehicle for 1 to 5 years, although if leasing a used car, the vehicle will need to meet a couple of eligibility requirements.
What features are on offer?
- New or used vehicles. You can choose to lease either a new or used car, although the used car must be less than nine years old and have done less than 200,000 km by the end of the lease term.
- No maximum car price. Stratton will finance any suitable car, regardless of price.
- Competitive rate. You will pay a fixed rate of 7% p.a. over the course of the lease.
- Flexible lease terms. You can lease the vehicle of your choice for 1 to 5 years.
- Fixed inclusive payments. You will make a regular lease payment that covers the cost of the lease as well as additional running costs such as insurance, registration, fuel and maintenance.
- Take the car with you. If you change jobs during the lease period, you can enter into a new novation agreement and keep the car, as long as your new employer also supports novated leasing.
How much does the lease cost?
The cost of the lease will depend on the type and price of the vehicle, the terms of the lease and how the vehicle is used. Additional running costs such as insurance and fuel are included in the payments you make and will vary based on the factors above.
- Management fee: You will pay a monthly fee of $45 + GST.
You may also have to pay additional fees or charges depending on the terms of the lease.
How to apply for a Stratton Finance novated lease
If you want to apply for a novated lease, you can click the "Go to Site" button above and follow the instructions to start your application. You will need to provide some information as part of the application process. This includes:
- Your name and contact details
- Your employment and financial details
- The type of car you are leasing
You will also need to provide other financial information as part of the application process. You can apply online or via phone.
Stratton Finance offers a competitive novated lease option for employees looking to lease a vehicle and reduce their taxable income in the process. You should always compare a range of car leasing and finance products before making a decision.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.