Not every business transaction can be handled online, and the St.George Business Cheque Account Plus makes concessions for this. With branch banking and cheque transactions alongside online and mobile banking, all of your business financial needs are covered. There is a monthly fee to consider, but the accessibility it provides may make it worth it.
An account suitable for businesses with a high volume of transactions.
What are the features of the St.George Business Cheque Account Plus?
There are a number of features to look at when comparing the Business Cheque Account Plus to other business transaction accounts:
- Service fee. Your account will be charged an $20 fee each month. This fee is waived if you also use the Commercial Overdraft or Business Maximiser Overdraft facility with St.George.
- Transaction fee. With this account, you are able to make up to 55 deposits and/or withdrawals at a St.George branch, and 55 cheque deposits or merchant envelopes every month without paying any extra fees. If you exceed the limit, you will be charged $1.00 per transaction.
- Internet banking fee. You can make unlimited transactions through internet banking without incurring any fees.
- Debit card. You have the option of adding a Visa business debit card to the account. This allows you to make an unlimited number of free withdrawals at any St.George, Bank of Melbourne, Westpac and BankSA ATMs. You can also make purchases like cash in Australia using the Visa debit card at no additional charge.
- Mobile banking. The St.George app is available for both iOS and Android mobile devices. This is a part of their online banking service, and gives you complete access to your account. Not only are you able to manage your account through the app, you can use it to make withdrawals at a St.George ATM without using your debit card.
- Earn interest. If you maintain a balance of $5,000 or more, a small interest rate will be applied to it daily and the interest payment made into your account monthly.
- Legal and accounting services. St.George has set up a network of lawyers and accountants which you can contact for free advice through an email. You are allowed up to three correspondences pertaining to the same issue. After reaching that limit you can choose to continue with their services at your own cost.
- Enjoy free deposits per month
- Money protected by the Government Guarantee
- Monthly fees waived for complimentary credit card
- High monthly fee if daily balance not met
- Low interest rate
- 3% international transaction fees apply
- $5 overseas ATM withdrawal fee
How do you apply for the St.George Business Cheque Account Plus?
You can securely apply for the Business Cheque Account Plus online if you think the features of this account are beneficial to your business.
Before continuing, you should check to make sure that you are eligible:
- Registration. Your business must be registered to operate in Australia.
- Residency requirements. Applicants must also be permanent residents of Australia.
- Depository requirements. You only need an initial deposit of in order to open the Business Cheque Account Plus.
If you meet these requirements have the following information readily available and then continue to the application:
- Tax file number. The tax file number (TFN) will help you to avoid paying any extra withholding tax on the account.
- Business registration. In order to show that your business is permitted to operate in Australia, you will need to provide one of the following; Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) as you start the application. You may also be able to use an Australian Registered Business Number (ARBN) or Australian Registered Scheme Number (ARSN).
- Personal information. If you are a sole trader then only your personal information is required. A business partnership will need to offer information on at least two of the partners, while a company will need the details of the directors and/or the company secretaries.
When you have completed and submitted your online application, a St.George business account specialist will call you on the next business day. Once they have verified the information in your application they will send you a welcome pack in the mail. Complete this pack and mail it back to the bank in order to get your new account started.
Cheque 294: Who was the receiver?
finder.com.au is a comparison service, we are not affiliated with St.George – please direct this question straight to St.George.