St.George Business Cheque Account Plus
The St.George Business Cheque Account Plus has everything a busy business owner needs to manage their money.
Not every business transaction can be handled online, and the St.George Business Cheque Account Plus makes concessions for this. With branch banking and cheque transactions alongside online and mobile banking, all of your business financial needs are covered. There is a monthly fee to consider, but the accessibility it provides may make it worth it.
Account keeping fee
ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas ATM withdrawal fee
Overseas transaction fee
of transaction value
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Shirley Liu is Finder's global program manager. She was previously the publisher for banking and investments and has also written comparisons for energy, money transfers, Uber Eats and many other topics. Shirley has a Master of Commerce and a Bachelor of Media, Journalism and Communications from the University of New South Wales. She is passionate about helping people find the best deal for their needs.
An account suitable for businesses with a high volume of transactions.
Your account will be charged an $20 fee each month. This fee is waived if you also use the Commercial Overdraft or Business Maximiser Overdraft facility with St.George.
With this account, you are able to make up to 55 deposits and/or withdrawals at a St.George branch, and 55 cheque deposits or merchant envelopes every month without paying any extra fees. If you exceed the limit, you will be charged $1.00 per transaction.
Internet banking fee
You can make unlimited transactions through internet banking without incurring any fees.
You have the option of adding a Visa business debit card to the account. This allows you to make an unlimited number of free withdrawals at any St.George, Bank of Melbourne, Westpac and BankSA ATMs. You can also make purchases like cash in Australia using the Visa debit card at no additional charge.
The St.George app is available for both iOS and Android mobile devices. This is a part of their online banking service, and gives you complete access to your account. Not only are you able to manage your account through the app, you can use it to make withdrawals at a St.George ATM without using your debit card.
If you maintain a balance of $5,000 or more, a small interest rate will be applied to it daily and the interest payment made into your account monthly.
Legal and accounting services
St.George has set up a network of lawyers and accountants which you can contact for free advice through an email. You are allowed up to three correspondences pertaining to the same issue. After reaching that limit you can choose to continue with their services at your own cost.
How to apply
You can securely apply for the Business Cheque Account Plus online if you think the features of this account are beneficial to your business.
Before continuing, you should check to make sure that you are eligible:
- Registration. Your business must be registered to operate in Australia.
- Residency requirements. Applicants must also be permanent residents of Australia.
- Depository requirements. You only need an initial deposit of in order to open the Business Cheque Account Plus.
If you meet these requirements have the following information readily available and then continue to the application:
- Tax file number. The tax file number (TFN) will help you to avoid paying any extra withholding tax on the account.
- Business registration. In order to show that your business is permitted to operate in Australia, you will need to provide one of the following; Australian Business Number (ABN) or Australian Company Number (ACN) as you start the application. You may also be able to use an Australian Registered Business Number (ARBN) or Australian Registered Scheme Number (ARSN).
- Personal information. If you are a sole trader then only your personal information is required. A business partnership will need to offer information on at least two of the partners, while a company will need the details of the directors and/or the company secretaries.
What happens after I submit my application?
When you have completed and submitted your online application, a St.George business account specialist will call you on the next business day. Once they have verified the information in your application they will send you a welcome pack in the mail. Complete this pack and mail it back to the bank in order to get your new account started.