State Custodians Low Rate Line of Credit
Access the equity in your home for renovations or to invest with the State Custodians Low Rate LOC
If you have been thinking of renovating your existing home, or using the equity to invest in other interests, State Custodians offer this line of credit home loan with a very low interest rate. The Low Rate LOC allows you flexible access to your equity and comes from a multi award-winning pedigree.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
You can deposit your salary into the line of credit to reduce any interest you pay and you can operate this as a full transaction account. If after 5 years you are still using your line of credit, it will revert back to a standard principal and interest home loan.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the State Custodians Low Rate Line of Credit?
- LMI. LMI is charged when you borrow over 80% of the value of the property you are using as security for your loan. However, you are able to add this charge to your principal loan amount to pay back with the bulk of your loan.
- Split loan. Split your loan into portions at no extra charge you can only have one line of credit per loan but other variable or fixed portions are acceptable.
- Access funds. You can have a free cheque book as well as access to a linked Debit Master Card in order for you to access the funds in this loan. You have fee free ATM transactions at all Westpac group ATMs.
- Repayment flexibility. Your can make interest-only repayments for up to 5 years, after which they will convert to principle and interest repayments. Repayments can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly to suit you.
How to apply
If you are looking for a flexible line of credit that allows you direct access to your equity and think you're ready to apply for the Low Rate LOC, please click on 'Go to Site' to get your application started. You'll be taken to State Custodian's website, where you can start a pre-approval application or just find out more.
Are you eligible? You're eligible to apply for this loan if:
- At least 18 years old
- A resident or a non-resident
- Have a good credit standing, though if you have a few defaults a State Custodians specialist can still offer some options
- Employed and have been in the same job for at least 3-6 months. However, if you've been in the same industry for two years, this can be shorter.
- Casually employed (but you must have been with the same employer for a period of at least 12 months and receive regular shifts.)
What documents do you need to supply to apply?
- Personal details - full name, address, marital status and residency status
- Employment details - whether you are PAYG or self-employed and annual income
- Loan details - product name, borrowing situation and security property details
- Financial details - your assets, liabilities and equity
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.