State Custodians Low Rate Home Loan with Offset
Avoid ongoing fees with this low rate home loan.
If you want to avoid fees but don't want to compromise on features, then you may want to add the State Custodians Low Rate Home Loan with Offset to your comparison. If offers a 100% offset account and competitive interest rate.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The State Custodians Low Rate Home Loan with Offset is available for both owner occupiers and investment, but not available as a construction option. Pre-approval is available in two minutes after submitting an application, and isn't recorded on your credit file.
About this loan
Pay your home loan off sooner with these benefits
- Loan term. The maximum term for this loan is 30 years.
- Loan size. This loan has a minimum borrowing amount of $100,000 up to a maximum of $2,000,000 with a maximum exposure of $2.5 million assessed on a case by case basis.
- Loan amount. You can borrow a maximum of 80% of the property's value without paying lenders mortgage insurance (LMI).You can borrow up to 95% of the value of the property if you pay LMI, which can be capitalised on the principal amount; however, this will attract a higher interest rate. For refinancing and debt consolidation, the maximum LVR is 90%.
- 100% offset account. Save money on interest payments by depositing funds in your offset account.
- Flexible repayments and repayment options. Principal and interest payments are available, as well as interest-only for up to ten years. You can also make extra repayments without penalty.
- Split facility. Split your loan up to six times for free. This will see your loan split into both fixed and variable portions, so you can enjoy some of the benefits of both. You can also use a portion as a line of credit facility at no extra cost.
- Portability. Your State Custodians loan is portable. If you need to move houses, you can move the loan to the new property provided you meet the conditions. This helps you avoid exit fees when leaving your loan, and upfront fees when taking out a new one.
- Get access to any extra repayments you've made. You can access any additional repayments you've made through the online redraw facility. The minimum redraw amount is $100.
- Fixed rate option. You can switch to a fixed rate at no extra cost.
- Portability fee: $499. Should you decide to move properties and keep your loan with you, this fee will be charged.
- Application fee: $0. This fee is typically charged to cover the cost of setting up the paperwork and your account.
- Property valuation: $0. This covers the cost of sending a valuer to the security property to determine its value.
- Title discharge fee: $300 plus legal. This is payable when you've paid off the loan and State Custodians transfers the land title back to you.
- Stamp duty, legal fees, registration, title insurance: Varies. This includes the cost of using a third party conveyancing service, other government charges for processing the paperwork and stamp duty costs. Check with your local Office of State Revenue to see if you're eligible for any concessions.
How to applyIf you would like to apply or find out more information about this loan, please click on "Go to site" to be taken to the State Custodians website. You can get pre-approval within two minutes.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Both Australian residents and non-residents are eligible
- You must have a good credit history, though if you have a few defaults a State Custodians specialist can still offer alternative products
- If you're casually employed, you must have been with the same employer for a period of at least 12 months and receive regular shifts
- If you're employed, you've been in the same job for at least 3-6 months. However, if you've been in the same industry for two years, this period can be shorter.
How long does the application process take?
The minimum time for the whole loan application is one week, though this depends on a lot of factors such as:
- How soon you can provide the documentation requested
- How soon a valuer can access the property
What documents do I need to supply?
- Personal details - name, 100 points of ID, residential address, marital status and residency status
- Employment details - whether you are on PAYG payments or self-employed, as well as details of your annual income
- Loan details - intended product name, borrowing situation and security property information
- Financial details - your current assets, liabilities and investments you may have
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. A competitive variable rate loan from St.George. Refinancers borrowing $250,000 or more can get $4,000 cashback (Other terms, conditions and exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.
Take advantage of a low-fee mortgage with a special interest rate of just 2.49% p.a. and a 2.49% p.a. comparison rate.