Stardew Valley plants its seeds on Nintendo Switch this week
The smash-hit farming game is finally joining the Nintendo family.
Indie darling Stardew Valley has long seemed like an ideal fit for the Nintendo Switch, with its vibrant pixel art and charming attitude very much in keeping with the house of Mario. Today, developer ConcernedApe has confirmed exactly when the farming simulator will hit Nintendo's latest console, revealing an official release date of 5 October.
The Switch version of the game retains all the relationship-building, town-restoring, crop-harvesting mechanics of the original release, with the added bonus of being playable on the go. That portability is likely to prove invaluable for sneaking in a quick planting session during a commute or lunch break.
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale