Get your first glimpse of Star Wars Battlefront II’s single-player mode in new trailer
The fully-featured campaign looks to make up for the previous game's minimal single-player offerings.
After fan disappointment over the lack of a single-player campaign in Star Wars Battlefront, EA looks to be doubling down on the narrative in the upcoming sequel Star Wars Battlefront II.
The latest trailer for the sci-fi shooter gives us our first good look at the tale of Iden Versio, the Imperial Special Forces soldier you'll play in the campaign mode. Filling in the gaps between The Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, the story will feature cameos from Luke Skywalker and Kylo Ren and will see Versio fight both on the ground and in space.
Along with the fleeting tease of the single-player campaign, the trailer dives deep into the game's multiplayer offerings. Battlefront II is set to up the ante in terms of variety, featuring almost three times as many locations, heroes and vehicles as the first game. These include iconic environments like Kamino and Yavin IV, fan-favourite heroes like Darth Maul and Rey and vehicles like the Millennium Falcon and the lovable Tauntaun.
In other shooter news, Fortnite's Battle Royale mode goes free today, and Team Fortress 2 could have had female characters at one point.
- 56 rising esports stars added to the roster for next week’s Gfinity Elite Series debut
- [UPDATE] Razer Blade 15 and Core X revealed: Australian pricing and release date
- Detroit: Become Human Review: No fate but what we manage to screw up in a QTE
- The PS5 will launch in 2020 hints Sony CEO John Kodera
- Perth will be the first to turn when the zombie apocalypse hits