War looms in the launch trailer for Star Trek: Discovery
Venture into the final frontier once again with the crew of the USS Discovery.
Star Trek has relaunched itself into the streaming age with the online-only series Star Trek: Discovery, and in celebration of the airing of the first episode, Netflix has dropped a new trailer showing off just what to expect from the latest voyage into the final frontier.
Centring on Federation First Officer Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green), the trailer explores how Burnham finds herself arrested for mutiny after attacking a Klingon ship against the orders of her captain. However, her jail time is cut short when her unique talents earn her a spot on the USS Discovery – much to the chagrin of her fellow officers.
Set ten years before the original Star Trek series, Discovery boasts such talent as Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter), Doug Jones (Hellboy) and Michelle Yeoh (Tomorrow Never Dies).
The first episode of Star Trek: Discovery is available to stream on Netflix right now, with new episodes releasing every Monday.
In other sci-fi news, we reviewed the first episode of Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams along with the first two episodes of The Expanse.
- 15 mind-blowing thrillers available to stream in Australia
- Where to watch the Charmed reboot in Australia
- This week in streaming: Arrival tackles xenolinguistics and Sabrina bewitches her way to Netflix
- Where to watch Riverdale Season 3 online in Australia
- Netflix Australia vs Prime Video: Price, content and features compared