War looms in the launch trailer for Star Trek: Discovery
Venture into the final frontier once again with the crew of the USS Discovery.
Star Trek has relaunched itself into the streaming age with the online-only series Star Trek: Discovery, and in celebration of the airing of the first episode, Netflix has dropped a new trailer showing off just what to expect from the latest voyage into the final frontier.
Centring on Federation First Officer Michael Burnham (Sonequa Martin-Green), the trailer explores how Burnham finds herself arrested for mutiny after attacking a Klingon ship against the orders of her captain. However, her jail time is cut short when her unique talents earn her a spot on the USS Discovery – much to the chagrin of her fellow officers.
Set ten years before the original Star Trek series, Discovery boasts such talent as Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter), Doug Jones (Hellboy) and Michelle Yeoh (Tomorrow Never Dies).
The first episode of Star Trek: Discovery is available to stream on Netflix right now, with new episodes releasing every Monday.
In other sci-fi news, we reviewed the first episode of Philip K Dick's Electric Dreams along with the first two episodes of The Expanse.
- Where to watch the 2018 Giro d’Italia online in Australia
- Where to watch the A-League Grand Final online in Australia
- Stan on Qantas: Romper Stomper, No Activity and other originals incoming
- Chromecast Ultra review: Google’s simple streaming solution
- View Finder: Thinking of heading to the movies? Deux it