Star discount codes and coupons for October 2018
Star’s travel insurance provides international travel cover to Indian residents aged up to 70 years. The Worldwide policy can be bought with or without the option to cover the United States and Canada.
Even with careful planning and a strict budget, investing in an international holiday is an expensive business. The best thing you can do for financial peace of mind is to purchase a good travel insurance policy to protect your travelling party against accidents, loss or damage.
Star Travel Insurance discount codes and coupons
What policies are available from Star?
Star’s travel insurance policy is ideal for international travel since it covers medical expenses incurred overseas. Cover is available for four limits under both options (with or without cover for the US and Canada). You are covered for:
- Emergency medical expenses overseas
- Emergency medical transportation to India
- Repatriation of mortal remains
- Any dental emergency expenses following an accident
- Compensation following accidental injuries
- Cost of loss of traveller's checked-in baggage
- Reasonable expenses incurred for obtaining new passport
- Expenses on emergency purchase of consumables due to any delay in handing over traveller's checked in baggage by the carrier for more than 12 hours
- Delay in flight
- Expenses relating to travel and accommodation incurred due to missed departure/connection
- Hijack distress
Who is Star Underwritten By?
Star Health travel insurance is backed by Allied Insurance Co Limited.
Pros and Cons of Star
Before agreeing to purchase any one policy, consider the following pros and cons.
- Underwritten by Allied Insurance Co Limited
- Plans available to corporate travellers, students, individuals and families
- Ability to apply over the phone or online
- 24/7 emergency support from Heritage Health
- Able to extend policy if needed
- Policies available for purchase online
- Claims form available online
- Some pre-existing medical conditions excluded
- Medical screening required for travellers aged 65 and over
- Missed connections not covered under the lower-limit options
How do I apply for Star travel insurance?
Briefly discuss steps involved in applying for cover.
- Compare policy options. The policy you choose depends on your destination, the nature of your holiday and what you can afford.
- Online quotes. Enter your personal and travel information into the online calculator for a quote on your premium. You can follow up with purchasing the policy directly online.
- Read the PDS. Make sure that the policy you select meets your expectations.
- Additional benefits. If you require additional cover for things like sports, equipment, special luggage or business-related incidents, make sure that the policy can be upgraded to optional extras to cover.
How do I make a claim with Star?
Here are the steps to take when filing a claim.
- Call for assistance. Get in touch with the Assistance Company (Heritage Health). The claims form is available for download on the website.
- Provide evidence. Have your policy number ready when making the call. Depending on the nature of the incident, you will also be asked to supply certain documentation, including police reports, medical reports, proof of ownership and receipts.
- Be aware of exclusions. Read the PDS to make sure that your claim is relevant before submitting documentation. There are certain incidents that don’t qualify for compensation, including travelling for medical treatment or deliberately putting yourself in danger. Your insurer will want honest testimony of the incident to assess your claim.