Stan’s The Other Guy will debut on 17 August
Get your relationship-breakup-comedy fix on Stan next month.
Streaming service Stan has stood out in the local streaming space for its commitment to making Aussie content intended for streaming only, with series such as Wolf Creek and No Activity a particular highlight.
In April, Stan announced the production of The Other Guy, a comedy series starring comedian Matt Okine, which is partially based on his stand-up comedy act and his own experiences. Now the streaming service has revealed that the six-episode series will debut on 17 August 2017 exclusively on Stan.
The Other Guy focuses on the life of a radio host after he discovers that his long-term girlfriend has been cheating on him with his best friend and his misadventures as he rejoins the dating pool. Besides Okine, it also features Harriet Dyer (No Activity, Love Child), Valene Kane (The Fall, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Magda Szubanski (Kath & Kim, Bran Nue Dae), Christiaan van Vuuren (Soul Mates, Bondi Hipsters) and Amali Golden (Australian Idol).
The announcement comes as Stan follows Netflix's lead in slightly increasing its subscription pricing, although Stan's services are still marginally less expensive than Netflix's.
- Gem Finder: You’re the Worst doesn’t sugarcoat romance
- Every confirmed Disney+ TV show and what we’d like to see
- What to watch this week: Shape of Water and Star Wars Resistance
- Disney+ streaming service: What we know so far about price, release date and exclusives
- This week in streaming: The Coen Brothers bring a ballad to the Wild West and Foxtel plants its flag on Castle Rock