Stan’s pushing Australian laughter with its newest show The Other Guy
Matt Okine stars in Stan’s latest original streaming series.
Locally-grown streaming service Stan has announced that it has begun production on a fresh comedy series titled The Other Guy, headed up by popular Australian comedian Matt Okine.
The show is based around Okine’s standup act and his own experiences. It focuses on the life and loves of a radio host who finds himself back in the dating pool after a decade-long relationship ends when he discovers his girlfriend has been having an affair with his best mate behind his back.
The Other Guy will run for six episodes and is set to debut in late 2017. It also stars Harriet Dyer (No Activity, Love Child), Valene Kane (The Fall, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story), Magda Szubanski (Kath & Kim, Bran Nue Dae), Christiaan van Vuuren (Soul Mates, Bondi Hipsters) and Amali Golden (Australian Idol).
Stan is building itself quite the library of locally-grown exclusive comedies. It’s in the middle of its run of One Night Stan comedy specials and it's got the very funny (if not exactly family-friendly) No Activity as part of its originals lineup.
Stan also recently announced the addition of a premium streaming tier to its subscription packages. It offers 4K quality for a range of series as well as additional streaming screens and offline devices.
- Here’s where to stream the Golden Globe nominees in Australia
- Fetch’s new Oxygen channel will be “Virtual”
- This week in streaming: Stan tells a Handmaid’s Tale and Netflix makes waves with Australian-made Tidelands
- How to stream Australia vs India test cricket for free
- The best TV shows and movies to stream this week: Phantom Thread and My Brilliant Friend