Stan gives first glimpse of Romper Stomper series
Some familiar faces and some freshly shorn skinheads appear in the first images from the upcoming adaptation.
In its ongoing push for locally produced content, Stan announced an adaptation of the divisive Romper Stomper (1992) at its showcase event back in July. Now just two months later, we have the first images from the set of the 2017 successor.
In the first batch of stills, we see Lachy Hulme leading what looks like some kind of Reclaim Australia rally, David Wenham as a sharply dressed news anchor, a young Antifa outfit, a more mature Jacqueline McKenzie, Sophie Lowe sipping on some vino and the adaptation's starring skinhead, Toby Wallace.
The Romper Stomper series will no doubt cause a stir when it releases this summer. Considering there are Australians who regularly suffer at the hands of racism and outfits like Reclaim Australia, some would say the themes of Stan's adaptation make for a pretty twisted idea of entertainment, but we'll reserve judgement for when the TV show is released.
Looking for something to stream while you wait? Check out our complete list of TV shows on Stan.
- Kayo Sports app launches on Apple App Store, Android Google Play and Apple TV
- The best TV shows and movies to stream this week: Homecoming and Outlaw King
- This week in streaming: Netflix gets more Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and No Activity returns to Stan
- Answering Kayo Sports’ three biggest questions
- 10 of the best Vampire shows to sink your teeth into