Sign up to Stan, and stream top quality movies & TV shows in Australia.
Want all the TV shows and movies? You can get a free trial with each of the streaming internet tv providers below:
Stan is an Australian video-on-demand service that’s accessible with a monthly subscription. Essentially, it’s a BYO hardware service, which means that you’ll need a pretty strong Internet connection, as well as enough data and hardware (e.g. Chrome Cast dongle or Apple TV) to stream the content at home.
Sounds complicated but it really is not if you’ve got some high speed Internet on your hands.
Like most other streaming services, Stan is available across multiple devices. This means that you can watch on your phone or tablet as well as on your TV. In other words: practically ANYWHERE.
Stan is part of a new generation of TV, movie, and media streaming in Australia: an affordable and legal way to access great content, anytime you like.
Stan Deals in Australia October 2017
finder.com.au does not currently have any active deals with Stan for October 2017.
What TV Shows & Movies are available on Stan?
Stan offers over 750 titles and counting. A Stan subscription includes unlimited access to:
- Better Call Saul - The eagerly anticipated spin-off of one of the most loved TV series of all time: Breaking Bad. Better Call Saul is exclusive to Stan.
- Mozart in the Jungle - A brand new series from Roman Coppola starring Gael García Bernal at the head of a brilliant cast: Mozart in the Jungle is one of the most talked about new series about a classical conductor in New York. Mozart in the Jungle is exclusive to Stan.
- Transparent - A Golden Globe Award winning new series starring Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development) about a transgender man and his family. Exclusive to Stan.
Stan has also secured deals with major production companies and media networks, giving viewers access to:
- Viacom Content. Great kids shows such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Nickelodeon content, as well as adult animation such as South Park.
- BBC Worldwide content. Some of the most popular BBC content including Sherlock, and Orphan Black; classics such as Fawlty Towers, and Absolutely Fabulous; and documentaries from Louis Theroux and David Attenborough are available.
- CBS content. Long running favourites such as CSI, Star Trek, and Californication are all included.
- ABC content. Viewers can expect a constant supply of Australian made films, TV shows and news.
- SBS content. Subscribers will be able to access a robust library of foreign language titles and media.
Stan Prices & Packages
- Stan monthly subscription. Starts at $10 per month with no lock-in contracts. This enables subscribers to enjoy unlimited access to all of Stan’s content, including movies, TV, documentaries, and more.
- Free 30 day trial. Sample the full Stan service for free, for 30 days.
Stan Review: what are people saying about the latest streaming service?
- The price. Starts at $10 per month, Stan is one of the most affordable of the Pay TV and IPTV services available for Australians.
- Multi-device compatibility. Stan’s content is accessible on a maximum of six devices altogether and three devices simultaneously.
- Rich on content. Stan offers over 750 titles from TV, movies, and documentaries.
- Easy-to-use interface. The Stan interface is well received by customers, and allows viewers to personalise their experience and build playlists.
- Free trial. If you are not sure, you can try out the service, for free, for 30 days.
- Unsubscribe at any time. Stan offers a month-by-month subscription with no lock-in contracts.
- Unlimited content. Subscription unlocks all of Stan's content unlike some other services, which require extra payment to view some programs.
- Issues with buffering. Some customers have complained about buffering issues, particularly when using Apple TV.
- The quality of your access depends on your Internet connection. Stan is a streaming service, which means that the video quality and speed will largely depend on your Internet connection. If your speed varies or your connection drops out frequently, you may experience some problems viewing Stan’s content.
- Bugs and Errors. Errors have been reported including syncing failures between mobile devices and TV, as have failures to load content. If you experience any problems, you are urged to contact Stan’s customer service team to troubleshoot.
How does Stan compare to Netflix, Quickflix, and other streaming services being offered in Australia?
Stan’s monthly subscription price ($10) is pretty run-of-the-mill, when compared with Netflix (AU) at $9.99 per month, Quickflix at $9.99, Presto at $9.99, and Foxtel Now at $9.99 per month.
Due to licensing rights, the content available on each service varies greatly and differs from service to service. Stan has some exclusive content (see above) while Foxtel, Netflix, and Quickflix will screen some shows which are not available on Stan (such as Entourage, The Sopranos, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black).
Stan and Netflix are fully compatible with Apple Airplay and Chrome Cast and across most common mobile devices. Quickflix, Presto, and Foxtel Now, however, are not compatible with Apple Airplay.
Want to know more? See our in-depth comparison of Australia’s most popular streaming services here.