Jim Carrey is coming to Stan with his new comedy series Kidding
The seminal funny man is heading for a meltdown Down Under.
The new Showtime comedy series Kidding has today been picked up for a ten-episode first season, and the show will be making its way Down Under thanks to streaming service Stan.
Kidding stars Jim Carrey as Jeff, also known as Mr. Pickles, a children's TV entertainer seemingly living on cloud nine. But when his family enters crisis mode, Jeff's jubilant façade begins to crack, and so begins his slow descent into madness.
Carrey is executive producing the series along with Michel Gondry (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), while Dave Holstein (Raising Hope, Weeds) will serve as the showrunner.
"No one inhabits a character like Jim Carrey, and this role – which is like watching Humpty Dumpty after the fall – is going to leave television audiences wondering how they went so long without him," said David Nevins, CEO of Showtime Networks Inc.
Kidding is slated to stream exclusively on Stan in 2018.
- Where to watch the 2018 Giro d’Italia online in Australia
- Where to watch the A-League Grand Final online in Australia
- Stan on Qantas: Romper Stomper, No Activity and other originals incoming
- Chromecast Ultra review: Google’s simple streaming solution
- View Finder: Thinking of heading to the movies? Deux it