STA Travel is celebrating the 4th of July with flights to the USA from $749 return
Save $100 on flights to the States, but only for 24 hours.
The 4th of July is America's Independence Day and even though Australian's don't celebrate the occasion, STA Travel is throwing a party anyway with flights to the States down to $749 return.
Nope, this is not a drill.
Typically priced from $849, STA Travel has released a special promo code that wipes a clear $100 of your flights. It will only be available for 24 hours, running throughout 4 July Australian time, and is on select United Airlines flights from Australia to San Francisco, Los Angeles and New York.
Flights must be round trip and travel must be taken from 13 July - 18 September 2018, 3 October - 30 November 2018 and 18 January - 4 April 2019. That lets you travel during the US summer though excludes all major Australian public holiday and school holiday dates.
Starting fares are all from Melbourne with flights available from other major cities at a slightly higher price. Sample fares look like this:
- Melbourne to San Francisco – $849 return, or $749 with code.
- Melbourne to Los Angeles – $879, or $779 with code.
- Melbourne to New York City – $1,059 return, or $959 with code.
- Sydney to San Francisco – $885 return, or $785 with code.
- Sydney to Los Angeles – $889 return, or $789 with code.
To score this sweet deal: Input this code during the promotional period when booking your flight to the US with STA Travel.
It's only available for 24 hours, so clear your calendar and set your alarm because once it's gone, you might have to wait until next Independence Day for fares this low to come around again.
How good are these's fares?
- Price: Great. This is one of the cheapest fares to the US we've seen this year. The only time we've seen it lower was in April with these $726 flights on Xiamen Airlines. This was only on Melbourne to Los Angeles flights though, with other fares well into the $800s making this the one to beat.
- Airline: United Airlines is a 3-star full service carrier and checked luggage, in-flight meals and entertainment are included in the price.
- Travel time: Great. Flights to Los Angeles are direct making them the fastest way from Australia to the US. Other destinations include a stopover in the US, which is typically kept to a minimum.
- Weather: Great. Peak summer dates, as well as shoulder season dates, are included in the sale.
But wait... there's more!
On top of this flight sale, STA Travel is also giving travellers the chance to book their US Contiki trip at 15% off. Again, this is a 24-hour deal, on sale 4 July only. It's valid on 2019 trips only and you don't need a code to snatch it up. Just hit STA Travel's Contiki sale page on the day and find your already discounted tour.
Happy 4th of July, everyone!
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now
- The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals