Going overseas on a budget? Compare STA Travel Insurance coupon codes and discounts and save
Travel insurance offers peace of mind when travelling overseas, particularly if you’re a student on a tight budget. It ensures that if you are injured, get sick, have your trip cancelled or your belongings lost or stolen, you won’t be out of pocket for thousands of dollars.
STA Travel Insurance is cover designed especially for students and young people. It offers protection against several potentially expensive risks plus cover for a wide range of adventure activities not normally covered, including bungee jumping, skiing, white water rafting, caving, and scuba diving. This guide looks at the STA Travel Insurance coupon code, policies, offers and some of the many advantages of insuring your trip with STA Travel Insurance.
Current Travel Insurance Deals Available on finder.com.au
Show code & visit sitefi****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
How do I get a discount on my STA Travel Insurance?
How do I use my STA travel insurance coupon code
Step 1 – Initial quote
The first step to using your STA Travel Insurance coupon code is entering your travel details. You'll need to:
- Select a region of travel
- The policy type (single or annual travel insurance policy)
- Start date of the policy
- End date of the policy
- Number of passengers
- Confirm that all travellers are Australian residents
Once you're satisfied, click Search.
Step 2 – Choose your policy
This step allows you to choose your policy.
- Basic International Single Trip (Excess – $250). Basic Cover you can help protect you and your family for a minimal cost. The policy provides cover for just the basics including Overseas Medical & Dental, Additional Expenses, Amendment or Cancellation Costs, Luggage and Travel Documents and Delayed Luggage Allowance.
- Cancellation and Luggage Cover. Cancellation and Luggage Cover covers just that: your bags and costs associated with cancellations.
- Essentials International Single Trip (Excess – $250). Essentials cover provides you with some protection for situations including Travel Services Provider Insolvency, Overseas Medical & Dental, Additional Expenses, Amendment or Cancellation Costs, Luggage and Travel Documents, Delayed Luggage Allowance, Money, Travel Delay, Resumption of Trip, Special Events, Hospital Incidentals, Hijacking, Loss of Income, Disability, Accidental Death, and Personal Liability.
- Comprehensive International Single Trip (Excess – $250). Comprehensive cover provides all of the protection of the Essentials policy but at higher limits.
Once you're happy with a policy, click Buy Now.
Step 3 – Your shopping cart enter your Promo Code
The all important, money saving step: entering your STA Travel Insurance coupon code.
- Review your cover to make sure you've selected an appropriate level
Do you want extra discounts?
During this step you can choose to add a International Student Identity Card to you policy.
Why would you want a International Student Identity Card?
- The International Student Identity Card can save you cash both at home and abroad ... including exclusive STA travel discounts
- Save on food, accommodation, entertainment, shopping and more
- The International Student Identity Card is the only internationally recognised student ID
- Only and additional AUD$30
Enter your STA Travel Insurance promo code into the text box on the bottom right of the page and click apply.
Once you've applied your STA Travel Insurance coupon code to your cover, you're ready to proceed. All you need to do is click Continue.
Step 4 – Traveller details
Okay, you're on the home stretch now. You need to enter your personal details including:
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Phone Number
- Alternate Phone Number (optional)
- Date of Birth
Once you're done, click Continue.
Step 5 – Payment and billing
All that's left is to pay for your STA Travel Insurance coupon code discounted policy. Enter your:
- Card Number
- Name on Card
- CCV Number
|PAYMENT OPTIONS||CARD FEE|
|VISA DEBIT||AUD 0.00|
|MASTERCARD DEBIT||AUD 0.00|
|STA TRAVEL PREPAID VISA||AUD 0.00|
|STA TRAVEL PREPAID MASTERCARD||AUD 0.00|
Once you're happy, click purchase and you've bought your travel insurance using your STA Travel Insurance coupon code.
What policies are available from STA?
STA Travel Insurance offers a range of policy options to suit all budgets, from basic to full comprehensive cover. Their policies include:
- Cancellation and Luggage – offers a basic level of protection at an affordable price and includes cancellation fees and lost deposits, luggage and travel documents and delayed luggage.
- Basic – this is a no-frills option for those on a tight budget. It includes overseas medical and dental, additional expenses, cancellations and lost deposits, lost luggage and travel documents, delayed luggage, hospital incidental allowance, hijacking, accidental death and $1 million public liability.
- Essentials – this offers a higher level of cover than Basic. It includes unlimited overseas medical cover, unlimited additional expenses, cancellations and lost deposits, $2.5 million personal liability, luggage and travel documents, delayed luggage and travel delay.
- Comprehensive – this is STA's top-level cover and includes unlimited overseas medical and dental, unlimited additional expenses, insolvency by a travel provider, lost luggage and travel documents, delayed luggage, hospital incidentals allowance, loss of income and $2.5 million personal liability.
Who is STA underwritten by?
STA Travel Pty Ltd is a global travel agent for students and young people, with over 450 stores in 75 different countries, including Australia and New Zealand. As well as arranging travel bookings, STA Travel Pty Ltd is an authorised representative of AGA Assistance Australia Pty Ltd, trading as Allianz Global Assistance. It offers travel insurance underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, which is issued and managed by Allianz Global Assistance.
Pros and cons of STA
Insuring with STA Travel Insurance allows you to take advantage of a range of great benefits including:
- New for old cover for lost luggage
- Cover if your tour is cancelled due to insufficient numbers (not usually covered)
- Cover for working holidays (not usually covered)
- 24/7 emergency assistance anywhere in the world
- Age limits apply (no cover for 80 years and over), although this is not surprising, given that it is insurance designed for students and young people.
How do I apply for STA Travel Insurance?
Applying for STA Travel Insurance is fairly straightforward. After comparing the available policies and choosing the one that’s best for your needs, just contact STA Travel Insurance, either by phone or through their website.
To speak to a representative, call 134 782, or for an instant online quote, just fill out the fields in the panel displayed, selecting:
- Type of policy
- Region you are travelling to
- Travel start and end dates
- Number of travellers
- Age of travellers
- Whether you are Australian residents
Then simply click on the Get a Quote button to see an estimate of your premium.
How do I make a claim with STA?
Making a claim with STA Travel Insurance is also a relatively straightforward process, involving the following steps:
- Log into the Travel Claims website, using your travel insurance policy number, your surname and your date of birth
- Download, print out and complete the travel insurance claim form
- Attach any required supporting documents, such as police reports, valuations and medical reports
- Email, fax or post the claim form and supporting documentation to:
Fax: +61 7 3305 7016
Post: Allianz Travel Insurance
PO Box 162
Toowong Qld 4066
Claims are assessed within 10 days of receiving the completed form plus all necessary documents and are paid in Australian dollars at the exchange rate applicable at the time that you paid your expenses.
Q: When should I purchase my STA Travel Insurance policy?
- A: As soon after have you have paid for your trip as possible to ensure you are covered for cancellations and lost deposits up until you leave.
Q: Are pre-existing medical conditions covered?
- A: Only if they are listed as being covered in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) and only if you haven’t been hospitalised for that condition in the past 24 months.
Q. When does my cover start?
- A: As soon as you receive your Certificate of Insurance and PDS.
Q: What is my Duty of Disclosure?
- A: This is your duty to give honest and complete answers to our questions when you apply for insurance. You must tell us everything that a reasonable person would be expected to tell us about your situation, so that your premium can be calculated as accurately as possible.
Q: My credit card offers me free travel insurance, so why should I pay for it?
- A: It depends on your definition of free. Cover is normally less than comprehensive and most credit card companies require you to purchase your return airfare on your credit card or spend a certain amount of money on it while overseas to qualify for the insurance.
Q: How much does travel insurance cost?
- A: The cost is calculated using a range of factors, including the length of your trip, the travel plan you choose, any existing medical conditions and any additional benefits you have chosen to include.
Q: What is an excess?
- A: An excess is the amount you contribute towards any claim. If applicable, it is subtracted from the amount paid to you when you make the claim.
Q: Can I cancel my STA policy if I’m not happy with it?
- A: If you decide you don’t want the policy, you can cancel it within 15 business days of receiving your Certificate of Insurance and PDS and you will receive a full refund. This is known as the Cooling Off Period, but it only applies if you have not commenced your trip and you do not wish to exercise any rights under the policy, such as making a claim.