Just want cover for your luggage and if you have to cancel your trip? Check out the STA Luggage and Cancellation Travel Insurance Policy
STA Travel is well known as a travel agent for travellers on a budget, helping more than two million people around the world organise their business and leisure trips each year. But STA also offers a range of travel insurance policies from basic cover right through to comprehensive protection, each of which is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
STA Cancellation and Luggage Travel Insurance is an entry-level policy designed to provide cover when you are forced to cancel or cut short your trip due to circumstances beyond your control, or when your luggage and travel documents are lost or stolen.
Receive a Quote for STA Luggage and Cancellation Travel Insurance
What exactly am I covered for?
|Benefit||Cancellation and Luggage|
|Travel Services Provider Insolvency||-|
|Overseas Medical and Dental||-|
|Amendment or Cancellation Costs||$50,000|
|Luggage and Travel Documents||$5,000|
|Delayed Luggage Allowance||$250|
|Resumption of Trip||-|
|Loss of Income||-|
|Medical and Dental Expenses in Australia||-|
|Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess||-|
What isn’t covered?
Reading the fine print of a policy is the best way to work out whether it offers the right cover for you. It also allows you to familiarise yourself with the list of general exclusions that apply to your policy, helping you work out when cover will and will not be in force. STA Cancellation and Luggage Insurance will not cover your claim if:
- You do not act in a responsible way and take all reasonable steps to protect yourself and your property.
- Your claim arises from consequential loss of any kind.
- At the time of booking your policy you were aware of something that could give rise to you making a claim under your policy.
- Your claim is for compensation which is recoverable from other sources, for example workers’ compensation cover or third party insurance.
- Your claim arises from errors or omissions in your booking arrangements, or from your failure to obtain relevant visas or passports.
- Your claim arises because you act illegally or break any government prohibition or regulation.
- Your claim arises because a government authority confiscates, detains or destroys anything.
- Your claim arises because you were riding a motorcycle without holding a valid Australian motorcycle licence, or without wearing a helmet.
- Your claim arises due to an actual or likely pandemic or epidemic.
- You do not follow advice from the government or in mass media warning against travelling to a particular destination.
- Your claim arises due to an act of war.
- Your claim arises because you participate in any manual work in connection with any business, trade or profession.
- Your claim arises from any pre-existing medical condition.
- You travel against the advice of a medical practitioner.
- Your claim arises out of pregnancy, childbirth or related complications.
- Your claim is related in any way to depression, anxiety, stress, or mental or nervous conditions.
- You were under the influence of alcohol or drugs, except drugs prescribed to you by your medical practitioner and taken in accordance with instructions.
- Your claim arises due to the death or hospitalisation of anyone aged 85 years or over.
- Your claim arises from elective surgery or treatment.
How do I claim?
Making a claim on your STA Cancellation and Luggage Travel Insurance policy is easy. You’ll need to give Allianz, the issuer of the insurance, notice of your claim as soon as possible by phoning 1300 725 154. A delay in notifying Allianz of your claim or failure to supply sufficient information to support your claim could lead to it being reduced.
You will need to provide any information or documentation the insurer asks for in order to support your claim. This may include police reports, medical reports, valuations, receipts or proof of ownership. Where an airline or travel provider is responsible for the loss or damage to your luggage, you’ll need to notify an appropriate official and obtain a written copy of any report.
Full details of your claim must be submitted in writing within 30 days of the end of your trip.
Any last questions?
- What number should I call if I need emergency assistance? You can phone Allianz Global Assistance 24/7 on 1800 010 075 (within Australia) or by making a reverse charge call to +61 7 3305 7499 from overseas.
- What factors will affect the cost of your premium? The cost of your STA Cancellation and Luggage Travel Insurance is influenced by your destination, the duration of your trip, how many people will be covered on your policy, your age and more.
- Who can take out cover? This policy is available for travellers who are aged 74 years and under.
- Is this policy available for trips within Australia? Yes, STA Cancellation and Luggage Travel Insurance is available for both domestic and international trips.
- Can I receive cover for my pre-existing condition? No, there are no pre-existing medical conditions covered under this policy.
- What other conditions will I need to satisfy to take out cover? This policy is only available to Australian residents whose journey commences and ends in Australia. You will also need to purchase your policy before you begin your journey.
- What about if I change my mind? If you purchase a policy and then change your mind about cover, you can cancel it within 14 days of receiving your PDS and certificate of insurance. You will receive a full refund of the premium you have paid as long as you have not made a claim or exercised any other right under your policy.
- I still want basic cover but I also want cover for overseas medical expenses – can STA help? You may wish to consider STA Basic Travel Insurance.
- What about if I want the highest level of cover available? STA Comprehensive Travel Insurance offers a broad range of cover and high benefit limits for travellers who want complete peace of mind.
- Am I covered for claims that arise from my participation in snow sports activities? No, this policy excludes snow sports from cover.
- In what currency will my claim be paid? Your STA travel claim will be paid in Australian Dollars.
- How long do I have to submit my claim? You must notify Allianz of your claim as soon as possible and provide full details in writing within 30 days of the end of your trip.
If you want cover for your baggage, personal belongings and for the cost of amendment and cancellation fees, STA Cancellation and Luggage Travel Insurance can provide the financial protection you need. Just make sure to compare its features with those of other policies on the market before you decide on the travel cover you want.