Get Unlimited Medical Cover and Up to $12,000 Luggage Cover with the STA Comprehensive Policy
STA boasts more than 450 stores in 70 countries around the world, with more than 60 stores in Australia. Well known for its services as a travel agent for student travellers and others wanting affordable holidays, it also offers a range of travel insurance solutions to protect you when you head away on a holiday.
STA Comprehensive Travel Insurance is the company’s highest level of cover and it covers everything from unlimited overseas medical expenses to amendment and cancellation costs, lost and stolen luggage, travel delay, disability, personal liability and more. The policy is underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited.
Compare Comprehensive Policies from STA Travel Insurance
What Does the STA Comprehensive Policy Cover?
|Cover Feature||Cover Level|
|Travel Services Provider Insolvency||$10,000|
|Overseas Medical and Dental||Unlimited|
|Luggage and Travel Documents Cover||$12,000|
|Delayed Luggage Allowance||$1,000|
|Resumption of Trip||$3,000|
|Loss of Income||$9,000|
|Medical and Dental Expenses in Australia||-|
|Rental Vehicle Excess||Optional|
Any additional cover?
STA Comprehensive Travel Insurance also comes with the following optional cover extras.
- Your choice of excess. Choose from nil, $100 and $250. The higher the excess you choose, the lower your premiums will be.
- Increased luggage item limits. This option allows you to increase the single-item limit for high-value possessions you take with you on holiday by up to $4,500. If you increase the limit for multiple items, the overall total increase is not allowed to exceed $7,000.
- Rental vehicle insurance excess cover. Purchase $5,000 of cover for rental vehicle insurance excess when your hire vehicle is crashed, damaged or stolen.
What won't I be covered for?
General exclusions applied to STA Comprehensive Travel Insurance Include;
- Losses incurred before period of insurance commences
- Claims related to unlawful acts
- You do not take reasonable care of yourself or your property
- Your claim is related to consequential loss
- Your claim is related to a government prohibition or regulation
- Claim arises out of act of war or rebellion
- Claim relates to pre existing medical condition, unless STA has agreed to cover the condition
- Claim arises due to suicide or attempted suicide
- Claim arrises because you were under the influence of drugs or suicide
- Claim arrises following complications from surgery
- Claim arrises out of participation in competitive sports
- Claim is connected to a sexually transmitted disease or virus
- Claim arrises because you fail to wear a helmet while riding a motorcycle or scooter
STA Comprehensive Travel Insurance offers a high level of cover and peace of mind for Australian travellers. Just make sure that you compare policies from several insurers before deciding which one is the perfect match for your unique travel insurance requirements.