With a choice of excess, St.LukesHealth offers comprehensive Hospital and Extras cover to suit varying budgets.
St.LukesHealth is a good choice for people prioritising their health. If you're after combined Hospital and Extras cover St.Lukes gives top quality cover.
Top 3 features
- Good for comprehensive combined cover.
- Good for families, with no excess for children or dependents.
- Beware if you're after budget or lower-tier cover.
What St.LukesHealth Combined Hospital and Extras Cover are available?
St. LukesHealth offers only top tier comprehensive Hospital and Extras Cover.
- Packaged Superior Gold 500 and Packaged Superior Gold 300. These two joint extras and hospital options provide top hospital cover for all 38 clinical categories, with either a $500 or $300 excess. It also covers a comprehensive range of extras benefits.
- Packaged Superior Gold. This package offers top hospital cover for all clinical categories with no excess, and covers a comprehensive range of extras benefits.
- Packaged Ultimate Gold. The most comprehensive packaged offer from St.LukesHealth, this option provides top hospital cover for all clinical categories with no excess plus the highest level of extras benefits.
Other benefits of St.LukesHealth Combined Hospital and Extras Cover
St.LukesHealth gives several additional benefits to their members.
- Gap free preventative dental. Members can enjoy 100% cover for their dentist's regular service fee for preventative dental.
- Family cover. Your dependent children are covered up to 23 years of age under your policy, or up to 25 years of age if they are single and a full-time student.
- No excess for children. You won't have to pay an excess when a dependent child is admitted to hospital.
- Member Rewards. Members who have held St.LukesHealth top extras cover for five years or more receive a 5% increase in their dental benefits and annual dental limits.
- Optical discounts. Members can enjoy a range of optical and eyewear discounts thanks to St.LukesHealth's partnerships with Specsavers, Eyelines, OPSM and Look! of Australia.
- Insurance discount. Thanks to St.LukesHealth's partnership with MyState, members can enjoy a 10% discount on home and contents insurance.
How do the costs work?
The overall limit for each service category is highlighted in the policy. Some categories have sub limits which are included within the overall limit for that service category.
Waiting periods and limitations
You will most likely serve a waiting period once you've purchased a policy as a new member, before you're eligible for benefits.
For Hospital cover, the following waiting periods apply;
- Pre-existing condition* (other than psychiatric treatment, rehabilitation and palliative care): 12 months.
- Obstetric related conditions (including private post-natal care services): 12 months
- All other services: 2 months
For Extras cover, the following waiting periods apply;
- Health management programs: 3 months
- Optical: 6 months
- Major dental (including periodontics, endodontics, crowns and bridges, dental implants, dentures and orthodontics): 12 months
- Orthotic appliance and other health appliances and aids: 12 months
- Clinical psychology: 12 months
- Hearing aids: 36 months
- All other services: 2 months
You may be able to skip waiting periods if you have service waiting periods with another fund and transfer to an equivalent or lower cover with St.LukesHealth. You must transfer within two months of leaving your previous fund to have your waiting periods waived.
How to make a claim
If you are attending a St.Lukes contract hospital, it will typically contact the health fund directly, and you will only need to pay the applicable excess or gap expenses to the hospital or practitioners.
To claim extras, you can swipe your St.LukesHealth membership card at participating providers, or can send in a claims form, use the health fund's mobile app, make a claim online or visit a St.Lukes customer service centre in person.