With St.George Vertigo Platinum Card, you can consolidate your debts and cut on interest costs with its 0% p.a. balance transfer offer.
The St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card offers both platinum perks and opportunities to cut costs. Repay your debt quicker and cheaper with the 0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee balance transfer offer. Plus, you can make interest-free purchases for up to 55 days.
You can also shop with peace of mind courtesy of complimentary insurance covers and a personal concierge service. If you're looking to take advantage of platinum features while keeping your card costs low, you can compare the fees, features and benefits of this card below.
|Product Name||St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card|
|Balance transfer rate (p.a.)||0% p.a. for 20 months|
|Balance Transfer Revert Rate|
The interest rate after the balance transfer ends.
|Purchase Rate (12.74% p.a.)|
|Balance Transfer Limit||80% of available credit limit|
|Purchase rate (p.a.)||12.74% p.a.|
|Offer end date||20 September 2017|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Interest Free Period|
The interest-free period on purchases is the period or number of days you do not have to pay interest on your card purchases. You will be charged interest either from the day you make a purchase or from the statement date, unless you pay the closing balance in full by the due date (or within the interest-free period) on your statement.
|Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate (p.a.)||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit|
This is the lowest credit card limit that you can request. It is possible to apply for a higher credit card limit but not a lower one than this figure.
|Max credit limit|
This credit limit may not be issued to you immediately on application. This is the maximum credit limit for this card which must be applied for or offered to you after you are approved and have already opened the account.
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee (VISA)|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You’ll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|3% of transaction value|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||Yes|
|Minimum Age||18 years of age|
|Available To Temporary Residents||Yes - Conditions apply|
|Credit Rating Requirement||Good|
|Annual fee||$99 p.a.|
|Minimum Monthly Repayment||2% or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late Payment Fee||$15|
|Cash Advance Fee||2% of each cash advance amount and all transfers with a minimum of $2.50|
|Overseas Cash Advance Fee||2% of each cash advance amount and all transfers with a minimum of $2.50|
|Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee||$5|
|Foreign Currency Conversion Fee|
Foreign currency conversion fees are charged when you make a transaction that is converted by a credit card network, such as MasterCard, Visa or American Express, from Australian dollars to a foreign currency. You'll also incur a currency conversion fee if you make a purchase or obtain a cash advance in Australian dollars while overseas or shopping online with a foreign merchant or financial institution.
|Gambling Transactions Allowed||Yes|
|Additional Cardholder Fee||$0|
|Number of Additional Cardholders||3|
- Take advantage of 0% p.a. interest charged on balance transfers for the first 20 months (you have to request for this deal upon application)
- This card features a low ongoing variable purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- There are lots of bonus insurance covers including: 'Extended Warranty', 'Price Guarantee' and 'Purchase Cover Insurance'.
- The St.George Platinum does not come with a built-in rewards program. For a Platinum level card, this is a disadvantage.
St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card review
St.George is offering a competitive balance transfer rate of 0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee with this card when requested upon application. Cardholders can also enjoy a range of complimentary insurance covers with this card, including overseas travel insurance and extended warranty insurance on purchases. This, coupled with a low ongoing purchase rate and up to 55 days interest-free on purchases, makes for a competitive offering.
Benefits of the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
- Balance transfer offer. Repay your debt with a 0% p.a. for 24 months with 1% balance transfer fee offer on balance transfers. Read our step-by-step guide to balance transfers with St.George for tips when moving your debt to your new card. Cardholders must apply before 18 April 2018 to take advantage of this offer.
- Interest rate. This card has a low ongoing purchase rate of 12.74% p.a.
- Interest-free days. If you pay your balance in full each month, you can enjoy up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, giving you more time to pay off your purchases before incurring interest.
- Overseas travel insurance cover. You and your family will be covered for medical expenses, unexpected trip cancellation and rental vehicle excess for up to 6 months when you book your trip using your card.
- Domestic flight inconvenience insurance. You and your family will be covered for interstate holidays of up to 14 days for delays, rental car excess and loss or damage to personal items.
- Overseas transit insurance cover. You’ll be covered in the event of accidental deal or injury when travelling outside of Australia.
- Price guarantee cover. When you make a new purchase using your card you’ll be covered against theft, loss or damage.
- Purchase cover insurance. This cover allows you to claim the difference in price back on a purchase if you find it cheaper within 21 days on eligible purchases.
- Extended warranty insurance. This cover extends your warranty by up to 12 months on a manufacturer’s expressed Australian warranty.
Features of the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
Cardholders can enjoy a host of premium features with this card:
- Annual fee. This card comes with an $99 annual fee, which is relatively low compared to other platinum credit cards.
- Additional cardholders. For no extra cost you can add up to 3 additional cardholders to your account, giving you flexibility with how you spend.
- Security. St.George offers you 24/7 fraud monitoring and Verified by Visa provides protection when shopping in store and online.
- Personal concierge service. Whether you need to make a dinner reservation at a restaurant, find tickets to a sold out concert or send a gift to someone, you can get in touch with your personal concierge when in Australia or overseas for 24/7 assistance.
How to apply for a St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card
To apply for the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card you can follow the secure link on this page to apply online. The online application will take 10 to 15 minutes. Before you apply, though, make sure you meet the eligibility criteria and organise the necessary documents:
- You’ll need to be over the age of 18
- Applicants must be permanent Australian residents
- Good credit history
To ensure the application process goes smoothly, have the following information handy:
- Driver’s licence number
- Weekly income after tax
- Details of your assets, savings and investments
- The repayment amounts and balances owing on any liabilities
- Recent tax information if you are self-employed
While the St.George Vertigo Platinum Credit Card offers a number of beneficial features, it's important to compare your options before you apply.Back to top