St.George Standard Variable Rate Home Loan
Make use of a full-featured home loan that can be used for a variety of purposes
The St.George Standard Variable Rate Home Loan allows you to make use of offset accounts, redraw facilities and extra repayments.
Richard Whitten is an editor at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
The Standard Variable Rate Home Loan is available for home buyers and investors. It's a flexible loan with plenty of features including an offset account.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the St.George Standard Variable Rate Home Loan?
- Maximum loan amount. You can borrow up to 95% of the loan to value ratio (LVR) of the property if you're using the loan for owner occupied purposes, otherwise you can borrow up to 90% LVR when using the loan for investment purposes. LVRs above 80% require lenders mortgage insurance (LMI). The maximum loan term is 30 years, with the option of a 15 year interest-only period.
- 100% offset account. An offset account is a transaction account linked to your home loan. Any funds in this account offset the interest payable on your home loan for the same amount.
- Additional repayments. This loan gives you the option of making extra repayments at any time at no extra charge.
- Redraw facility. A redraw facility allows you to access any extra funds you've paid into your home loan account.
- Repayment options. The St George Standard Variable Rate Home Loan gives you the option of setting your repayments to weekly, fortnightly or monthly instalments for principal and interest repayments. You can also elect to pay just the interest portion of your loan via monthly repayments.
How to apply
To find out more about this loan, or to apply, click the 'Go to site' button below. This will take you to the St.George website where you can arrange a callback or start an application. To arrange a callback, you'll need to enter your contact details.