Receive cover for a range of serious medical conditions with St George Living Insurance
Life cover is valuable to have especially to protect your loved ones financially in the event of your death or should you be diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 12 months to live. However, you might be wondering how you can continue to provide for your family after surviving a serious illness or injury.
Fortunately, there are actually many types of life insurance which you can benefit from when you are not facing death or a terminal illness, and which can instead make a difficult injury or a crippling illness easier to deal with financially, leaving you free to concentrate on your recovery. This is when St George Living Insurance can help.
What does the policy cover?
St George offers trauma insurance protection which provides a benefit payment if you suffer from one of the eligible medical events, which include cancer, a heart condition or loss of a limb. The illnesses and injuries which are covered by trauma insurance will vary between insurers, so as you compare living insurance products, take the time to compare the specified medical events listed in the policy as well.
With St George Living Insurance, you and your family can benefit from the following policy features and benefits:
- Living Benefit: St George will pay a lump sum benefit in the event that you suffer from a specified medical event and survives the 14 day waiting period.
- Advancement Benefit: You will be eligible for a partial benefit payment from St George if you suffer one from the medical events that are specified in your policy schedule.
- Future Insurability Benefit: You can increase your nominated benefit amount at a specified life event and you won't have to go through another medical underwriting.
- Financial Planning Benefit: St George will reimburse the cost of preparing a financial plan following a Living Benefit payment of up to $5,000.
- Counselling Benefit: St George will also reimburse the cost of counselling sessions to a maximum of ten following the payment of a Living Benefit of up to $5,000.
- Worldwide cover: Not only is St George Living Insurance an insurance product which you can make use of when you need it to get through a tough stage of life, it will also go with you, wherever you are in the world. This means you have worldwide coverage, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Child Support Benefit: St George will provide a benefit payment of $10,000 in the event that your dependant child suffers from a specified medical event or death.
- Living Insurance Death Benefit: A death benefit of $10,000 is payable if the policyholder suffers from one of the specified medical event, but does not live past the 14 day waiting period.
- Loyalty benefit: When you hold your living insurance policy with St George for three years, you will be eligible for an additional 5% increase on your benefit amount for free. If you have other insurance products with St George, you can also be eligible for a 5% increase on your death cover, total and permanent disability cover, income protection and business overheads insurance policy benefits too.
- Multi policy discount: It does not only provide you with comprehensive protection to have more than one St George insurance product, it also makes you eligible for a 5% discount on your premiums if you are covered by more than one St George protection plan policy.
- Automatic benefit indexation: The cost of living increases every year, and this inflation means that everything from milk to electricity increases in price. Therefore, while you may choose a benefit amount which reflects you and your family’s financial needs now, you also need to make sure that benefit amount will be enough to cover your costs when it comes time to make a claim, no matter when that is. That is why St George offers an automatic indexation feature on their life insurance products, to increase your benefit amount by 3% each year, in line with the consumer price index.
- Premium holiday: St George allows you to suspend your policy for a maximum of 12 months period should you be experiencing a financial hardship, unemployed or taking a long-term leave from work. Your policy must be in force for at least 6 months to be eligible for this feature.
- Needlestick Benefit Option: For an additional cost in your premiums you can add a needle stick benefit feature if you work as a medical professional. The needle stick benefit will pay a one off lump sum payment if you contract HIV, Hepatitis B or Hepatitis C which performing your work duties.
Who can apply?
You can apply for St George Living Insurance if you are:
- An Australian resident;
- between 18 and 69 years old.
When applying for St George Living Insurance, you are not required to take a medical exam and you only need to make a health declaration with your application. Your cover is then guaranteed to be renewed to continue protecting your family year after year, until you are 100 years old.
With St George Living Insurance, you are protected financially should be affected by a serious illness or injury and you are required to take time off work for treatment and recovery. You and your family can use the money in whichever way you need most. This means you can use the funds to pay household bills, make modifications to your home for mobility, or to cover medical expenses or the gaps between your health insurance cover. This leaves you free to recover without financial stress, and your family can stay together during a difficult time.