As hard as you try to provide the best and protect your family from the worst, there are still so many things that are outside of your control each day. Your son may trip and skin his knee running in from lunch, your daughter may get a basketball in the face during a game, and you’ll be there to comfort them and get them back on their feet whenever you can. Unfortunately, you won’t always be there to pick your family up when they fall, or protect the safe and secure life you’ve built together.
Compare direct life insurance brands below
Features of St George Lifetime Protect Life Insurance
Life insurance from St George is easy to apply for and manage with the Lifetime Protect insurance options, which you can apply for quickly and easily without a medical test, and add and remove features as they suit your family. For example, the St George Lifetime Protect policy offers:
- Changeable and comprehensive cover. You can choose from one of the recommended packages when you apply for St George Lifetime Protect life insurance, or you can tailor your own cover according to your family’s needs and budget. You can also change your policy at any time, to suit your changing family circumstances or financial situation, for example by tailoring injury insurance, funeral protection cover, disability, child care benefits and estate planning features.
- Death and terminal illness benefit. Regardless of the extras you choose, you will be covered by the St George Death Benefit and the Terminal Illness Benefit, so you can make changes and additions around these core features, knowing you remain covered for the essentials no matter what.
- Optional injury protect benefit. You can choose to add the injury protect benefit to any St George Lifetime Protect policy. The injury protect benefit pays your living expenses and medical costs if you are unable to work due to an eligible injury, fracture or burn. The injury protect feature pays a benefit of up to $200,000.
- Easy to apply. You can apply for Lifetime Protect with St George is you are an Australian resident 18 to 69 years old. Your cover is then renewable up until you are 100 years old, and you are never required to take a medical exam, you simply need to make a health declaration when you apply.
- Choose your level of cover. You can choose a life insurance benefit amount from $50,000 up to $1 million. The higher the benefit amount, the higher your premiums, and St George allows you to balance your family’s budget now, with their financial situation and needs in the future, to find a benefit amount that’s just right.
- Worldwide cover. You can make a claim on your St George Lifetime Protect wherever you are in the world, 24 hours a day seven days a week, as your cover goes with you wherever you go.
- Singles insurance package. If you take out cover for singles with St George, you will be protected with a death benefit, terminal illness benefit and injury insurance, so you’re not paying for features you don’t need.
- Cover for couples. As a couple you’ll be doing more and more things together, and one of those things is looking after each other, which is why couples cover from St George offers a death benefit, terminal illness benefit, injury protection and a funeral benefit. Plus, if you apply with your partner, St George will waive the annual policy fee, saving you up to $78 each year.
- Family cover. The family life insurance package from St George includes a death benefit, terminal illness benefit, guardian benefit, education benefit, funeral benefit and child care benefit. You can also still tailor this package like all the others, to suit your specific family needs.
- Guardian benefit. The guardian benefit pays an additional $50,000 on top of your death benefit to help a carer or guardian look after your children if you die or are diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Education benefit. Pays an additional $30,000 specifically to help with your children’s education expenses.
- Funeral benefit. Pays a $10,000 advance out of your death benefit amount within 48 hours of a claim. This advance amount can help your family pay for immediate expenses such as the funeral.
- Child care benefit. Can assist with the costs of medical expenses, day care fees, babysitter costs or carer costs if your child suffers one of the eligible illnesses or injuries and you are unable to get time off work.
- Automatic inflation protection. The life insurance benefit amount you choose now may be enough to cover your family’s living expenses, but living expenses increase each year with inflation. Therefore, St George offers automatic indexation of your benefit by 3% each year, to keep it in line with the consumer price index.
- Choose a premium free month. If you choose to pay your insurance premiums monthly, St George lets you choose one month each year when you don’t have to pay the premium.
Who is Eligible for St George Lifetime Protect?
The St George Lifetime Protect policy is available to Australian residents aged between 18 and 69 that are not currently insured under a Lifetime Protect policy.