St.George Foreign Cash
Order up to 18 foreign currencies online, lock in exchange rates and pick up your cash at your closest St.George branch.
Initial Load Fee
|Product Name||St.George Foreign Cash|
|Initial Load Fee||$0|
|Multiple Currencies on One Card?||Yes|
What foreign currencies can I get through St.George?
- British pounds (GBP)
- New Zealand dollars (NZD)
- United States dollars (USD)
- Japanese yen (JPY)
- Euros (EUR)
- Canadian dollars (CAD)
- Danish kroner (DKK)
- Fijian dollars (FJD)
- Hong Kong dollars (HKD)
- Indonesian rupiah (IDR)
- Malaysian ringgit (MYR)
- Norwegian kroner (NOK)
- Philippine pesos (PHP)
- Singapore dollars (SGD)
- South African rand (ZAR)
- Swedish kroner (SEK)
- Swiss francs (CHF)
- Thai baht (BHT)
You don't need to be a St.George customer to purchase foreign cash and you can order between AUD$500 and AUD$10,000 in any 24-hour period. Orders are also limited to a maximum of AUD$20,000 over a 21-day period. Some countries have restrictions on the import and export of local and foreign currencies, so make sure you know what these are before you order your currency.
When you purchase your foreign cash, it'll be locked into the current exchange rate that's in place at the time of order. You can view the latest foreign exchange rates when you order your cash on the St.George website.
How can I get my foreign currency through St.George?
- Order online. You can order foreign cash online and pay via BPAY, debit card or credit card.
- Pick up in-branch. Once you've ordered it online, you can also pick up your cash within three business days (if you pay by debit or credit card payment) or five business days (if you pay by BPAY). Your foreign cash may take longer to reach branches in remote locations.
- Pop-up foreign cash ATMs. You can withdraw USD, GBP, EUR and NZD foreign currency at any of St.George's pop-up foreign cash ATMs. You can see where these are located below.
How much does it cost?
Some of the fees and charges vary depending on how you pay for your foreign cash, but you can compare the costs below:
- Order fee. You'll be charged $4 per order (you can purchase multiple currencies in one order to reduce the number of fees).
- Card surcharge. If you use your credit card or debit card to buy your foreign cash, you'll be charged a 1% surcharge. Please note that your card issuer may also charge you a cash advance fee if you use your credit card to buy foreign cash.
- Leftover currency. If you have leftover cash after your trip, you can sell your foreign cash back to St.George at the rate applicable at the time you wish to sell it. You'll be charged $8 when you do this.
If you want to organise cash before your next overseas trip, you can access 18 international currencies and take advantage of locked-in exchange rates with St.George's foreign cash. As this isn't the only way to get foreign cash in Australia, make sure to compare a few options before making your order.Back to top