St.George Fixed Rate Advantage Package
Combine your credit card and transaction account with a fixed rate home loan and save money on fees.
The St.George Advantage Package Fixed Rate Home Loan is a flexible, competitive fixed rate mortgage with many options for investors and home buyers.
To qualify for the Advantage Package, you need to choose an eligible St.George home loan, credit card and transaction account and pay the $395 annual package fee.
Richard Whitten is a senior writer at Finder, and has been covering home loans and the property market in Australia for the last 4 years. He has written for Yahoo Finance, Money Magazine and Homely, as well as multiple banks and lenders. Richard has a Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking, a Bachelor of Education from the University of Sydney and a Graduate Certificate in Communication. He enjoys helping people understand the ins and outs of mortgages so they can make smarter property decisions. Richard trained as a high school teacher but found it easier to manage personal finances than a classroom full of kids. Before joining Finder, he edited textbooks and taught English in South Korea.
The St.George Fixed Rate Home Loan with Advantage Package is an option to consider for both investors and owner occupiers. It can also be used towards the purchase of vacant land. St.George allows for fixed rate periods of up to five years, giving you the choice to lock in for a range of terms.
Package home loans offer the convenience of having multiple financial products with one institution, but it's important to check that each product is one you'll actually use.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the St.George Advantage Package Fixed Home Loan?
- Loan amount. You can borrow up to with this loan depending on your rate type and loan purpose.
- Purpose. This loan is for both home buyers and investors.
- Package benefits. As a package loan, the St.George Advantage Package Fixed Loan requires you to take out a credit card and transaction account with the bank in exchange for a single package fee. It's a convenient way to combine your banking, but if you're not interested in the other package products, this might not be the loan for you.
- Rate type. This loan allows principal and interest or interest-only repayments, for both investors and owner-occupiers.
- Repayment flexibility. You can repay this loan monthly, weekly or fortnightly, and you can make extra repayments up to $30,000.
- Redraw and splits. This loan allows for online redraw and has a split facility.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The St.George Advantage Package Fixed Home Loan has few fees apart from the settlement, discharge and annual package fee.
- Settlement fee: $100. St.George charges this fee to cover the initial set-up of a home loan.
- Annual package fee: $395. You can pay the annual package fee from a St.George transaction account (which is part of the package).
- Discharge fee: $350. You pay a discharge fee when you end the home loan, either by repaying it or by refinancing to another lender.