St.George Basic Home Loan
Pay your loan off sooner thanks to a low interest rate and no monthly fees
If you’re looking to buy a new house and don’t want to pay for features you may not use, you might want to consider the St.George Basic Home Loan. It offers a low variable interest rate with no ongoing fees.
Marc Terrano is a lead publisher and growth marketer at Finder. He has previously worked at Finder as a publisher for frequent flyer points and home loans, and as a writer, podcast host and content marketer. Marc has a Bachelor of Communications (Journalism) from the University of Technology Sydney. He’s passionate about creating honest and simple reviews and comparisons to help everyone get value for money.
The St.George Basic Home Loan can be used to purchase any residential property with a term of up to 30 years. It has a variable interest rate and can be used to purchase vacant land, but it cannot be used as a construction loan.
You can borrow up to 95% of the value of your chosen home with lenders mortgage insurance (LMI) or up to 80% of the property's value without LMI.
About this loan
What are the features and benefits of the St.George Basic Home Loan?
- Redraw facility. A St.George Basic Home Loan offers the ability to withdraw extra funds that you may have deposited on your home loan. This means that you can use any extra money you may have to reduce your home loan debt and still be able to access these funds if there is ever a situation where you require them.
- Flexible repayments. Home loan repayment can be made weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
- Fees and charges. The St.George Basic Home Loan charges no monthly account-keeping fees.
- You can make extra repayments. Extra repayments can be made at any time without incurring penalties.
What fees and charges come with this loan?
The St.George Basic Home Loan comes with few fees, but you will have to pay the following:
- Establishment (application) fee: $500 (waived for loans above $150,000). If you're borrowing above $150,000 you won't have to pay this fee.
- Discharge fee: $350. A discharge fee applies if you close your account with St.George.
- Settlement fee: $100. This fee covers the cost of setting up your account.
How to apply
If you think that the St.George Basic Home Loan could work for you, click the green button to get in touch with a lending specialist from St.George. Make sure you have the following information on hand:
- Employment details including addresses and phone numbers
- Income details including assets
- Details of any other loans (personal or home), credit card debts or store cards
Home Loan OffersImportant Information*
Up to $3,000 refinance cashback. A flexible and competitive variable rate loan. Eligible borrowers refinancing $250,000 or more can get $2,000 cashback per property plus a bonus $1,000 for their first application. Other conditions apply.
Up to $4,000 refinance cashback. With this competitive variable rate loan from St.George, refinancers borrowing $250,000+ can get up $4,000 cashback and borrow up to 90% of the property's value. (Terms, conditions & exclusions apply).
A competitive variable rate mortgage for owner occupiers $0 application and $0 ongoing fees. This interest rate falls over time as you pay off the loan.