St.George Amplify Signature credit card
Earn up to 200,000 bonus Amplify Points over 2 years when you meet the spend requirements and save with a 0% balance transfer offer.
Winner of the 2020 Finder Award for Best Rewards Credit Card, the St.George Amplify Signature is a premium credit card that offers uncapped rewards, airport lounge passes, complimentary travel insurance and other generous perks.
If you apply by 28 September 2021, you can collect 100,000 bonus Amplify points in the first year, plus another 100,000 points in the second year when you spend at least $12,000 on eligible purchases each year. This offer also gives you a 0% balance transfer rate for the first 15 months (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee).
Per $ spent
|Product Name||St.George Amplify Signature|
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Balance transfer rate||0% p.a. for 15 months with 1% balance transfer fee|
|Balance transfer revert rate||Cash Advance Rate (21.49% p.a.)|
|Balance transfer limit||80% of available limit|
|Purchase rate||19.74% p.a.|
|Interest-free period||Up to 55 days on purchases|
|Cash advance rate||21.49% p.a.|
|Min credit limit||$15,000|
|Max credit limit||$80,000|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
- 100,000 bonus points in the first year and 100,000 bonus points in the second year (200,000 points total) when you spend at least $12,000 per year
- 2 complimentary airport lounge passes per year
- Complimentary overseas travel insurance for up to 6 months
- Spend requirement is high and staggered over 2 years
- A one-time 1% balance transfer fee applies
- Charges a 3% foreign transaction fee
|Rewards program||Amplify Rewards|
|Rewards points per $ spent||1.5|
|Minimum monthly repayment||2% of the closing balance or $10, whichever is greater|
|Late payment fee||$15|
|Foreign currency conversion fee||3%|
|Cash advance fee||2% or $2.50, whichever is greater|
|Overseas cash advance fee||2% of the value of the transaction or minimum charge of $2.50|
|Additional cardholder fee||$0|
|Number of additional cardholders||1|
Amy Bradney-George has been writing about personal finance for more than 13 years – including over 600 articles as a senior writer for Finder. Her work has also appeared in publications including Money Magazine, The Sydney Morning Herald, Financy, ABC News Australia and Equity Magazine. Amy has a Bachelor of Arts in Journalism and Drama from Griffith University.
If you're looking to pay off an existing debt, you can save with a 0% interest on balance transfers for 15 months. But keep the 1% balance transfer fee in mind, as well as the 21.49% p.a. that applies after the introductory period.
Beyond these introductory perks, this card also earns 1.5 points per $1 spent, with rewards including gift cards, retail items and more. It is also packed with premium extras, including two Priority Pass lounge invitations, complimentary international travel insurance, domestic flight inconvenience insurance and a personal concierge that can help you with travel bookings, restaurant reservations or tickets to the latest events.
How to apply
You can apply for the St.George Amplify Signature credit card online in around 10 minutes. Get started by checking that you meet the following eligibility criteria and have all the documents and details you will need for the application.
- New cardholder. To take advantage of the bonus point offer on this card, you must not currently hold an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature credit card from Bank of Melbourne, St.George or BankSA. You also must not have held any of these accounts within the past 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you are planning to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from Australian store, charge or credit cards not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal information. This includes your full name, date of birth, residential address, email address and phone number. You also need a valid form of identification, such as your Australian driver's licence, Medicare card, passport or birth certificate.
- Employment information. You must provide your job title, salary information and employer's contact details. If you're self-employed, you may also be asked for your accountant's contact information.
- Other financial details. This includes any other forms of income and assets such as savings or shares. You'll also need to share details of any existing debts and ongoing expenses such as rent and mortgage payments, bills and grocery shopping.
- Balance transfer information. If you are transferring a balance from another card(s), you will need to provide the card number(s), issuer(s) and the amount(s) you want to transfer.
- Up to 200,000 bonus Amplify points. If you're a new Amplify cardholder, you can get 100,000 bonus Amplify Points in the first year plus another 100,000 bonus points in the second year (total of 200,000 points) when you spend at least $12,000 on eligible purchases each year. Offer ends on 28 September 2021. To give you an idea of your rewards potential, you could also redeem them for $850 worth of WISH eGift cards (193,800 Amplify Points).
- Balance transfer offer. You can pay off existing debt and save with 0% p.a. interest on balance transfers for the first 15 months (with a one-time 1% balance transfer fee). At the end of the promotional period, any remaining debt from the balance transfer will attract the cash advance interest rate.
- Airline lounge passes. This credit card offers a complimentary Priority Pass membership, with two complimentary lounge visits per year. All you have to do is enrol on the Priority Pass website to access over 1,300 lounges worldwide. You can also use your credit card to pay for additional Priority Pass lounge visits.
- Competitive earn rate. This card offers 1.5 Amplify Points per $1 spent on eligible purchases in Australia and overseas. Eligible purchases cover most of your everyday spending – such as groceries, petrol, dining, travel and shopping. Transactions that don't earn points include BPAY payments, cash advances, a purchase from or payment to a government or government related agency and account fees. You can redeem your Amplify Rewards points for a variety of items, including gift cards, merchandise and frequent flyer points with Virgin Australia Velocity, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer and Malaysia Airlines Enrich. Learn more about the Amplify Rewards program in this guide.
- Overseas travel insurance. Use the St.George Amplify Signature to pay for at least $500 of eligible travel costs before you leave, and you'll be eligible for comprehensive overseas travel insurance for up to 6 months. Your spouse and dependent children can also get cover under this policy when they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Domestic flight inconvenience. This insurance helps cover the cost of expenses due to domestic flight delays and cancellations.
- Transit accident insurance. This insurance offers cover for accidental injury or death when you're travelling by train, bus, plane or ferry outside Australia.
- Insurance covers for your shopping. Use your St.George Amplify Signature credit card to pay for eligible items and you can enjoy purchase security insurance, extended warranty insurance and price guarantee cover.
- Birthday Bonus. This perk celebrates the anniversary of your account opening. Each year you have the card, you can get a 10% points bonus based on the points you have earned in the previous 12 months.
- 24/7 concierge service. Cardholders can take advantage of a premium concierge service whenever they need it.
- Travel benefits. As well as all the travel benefits available through Amplify Rewards, cardholders also have access to the Amplify Signature Travel Service. This includes a personalised call centre service, as well as exclusive packages and offers.
- Mobile payment technology. Simply tap and go when making payments using your compatible phone or other devices. Just add this card to your Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay wallet to enjoy this feature.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges a standard annual fee of $279 p.a.
- Interest rates. The variable interest rate for purchases is 19.74% p.a., while the cash advance rate is 21.49% p.a.
- Interest-free days. When you pay your monthly payment balance in full, which excludes current balance transfers, listed on your statement by the payment due date, you will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases. Note that interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions.
- Foreign transaction fee. This card charges a fee worth 3% of each transaction made overseas or online in a foreign currency.