St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card – Gift Card
No longer offered in the market
St.George Amplify Platinum Credit Card – Gift Card is no longer available for new applications. However, we’ve kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
How to apply
To take advantage of this offer, you must apply online. The application should only take 10 minutes and you'll receive a response within 60 seconds. Before you get started, make sure you've met the eligibility criteria and have the necessary information ready to complete the application.
- New cardholder. To be eligible for the promotion, you must apply online for a new card and cannot hold or have held an Amplify Platinum or Amplify Signature issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA in the previous 12 months.
- Residency. To apply online, you must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- Eligible balance transfer debt. If you elect to transfer a balance, you can transfer from $200 up to 80% of your available credit limit from up to three Australian credit, store or charge card accounts not issued by St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA.
- Age. You must be at least 18 years old to apply.
- Personal details. This includes your full name, email address, date of birth, driver's licence number, marital status, number of dependents and contact number.
- Proof of identification. Including your Australian driver's license, passport, Medicare card, Australian birth certificate or proof of age card.
- Income. You'll need to confirm your employment and provide proof through recent payslips or bank statements.
- Employer. This includes your employer's name and contact details.
- Finances. You'll need to provide details about your assets and liabilities.
- Balance transfer information. If you're transferring a balance(s), you'll need to provide the amount, account number and BSB number of the cards you're transferring from.
- $400 e-gift card. When you apply and are approved by 29 April 2020, you will be eligible to receive a $400 e-gift card for your choice of either JB Hi-Fi, Bunnings or Flight Centre. To qualify, you will need to spend at least $3,000 on eligible purchases within the first 90 days. Eligible purchases include most everyday spend, but exclude things like balance transfers and cash advances.
- The Amplify Rewards program. Earn 1 point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases in Australia and overseas. Your points aren't capped and can be redeemed for travel, gift cards merchandise or frequent flyer points, including automatic conversion to Velocity at a rate of 2:1.
- Travel insurance covers. You can save on holiday costs with complimentary travel insurance covers when you use the card to pay for travel. These covers come in the form of transit accident insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, overseas travel insurance, and rental vehicle excess insurance in Australia.
- Purchase covers. When you use this card to make eligible purchases, you get complimentary purchase security insurance, price guarantee cover and extended warranty insurance.
- Balance transfer offer. New customers can pay down existing debt and save on interest with a 0% p.a. interest rate for the first 6 months on balance transfers with no balance transfer fee. After the promotional period, any balances remaining will be charged at the variable cash advance rate, currently 21.49% p.a.
- Additional cards. You can add a family member to your account, with their own credit card to use and the ability to earn points for no additional charge.
- Mobile payment technology. Make tap and go payments with Apple Pay, Google Pay or Samsung Pay using your smartphone or other compatible device.
Rates & fees
- Annual fee. This card charges an annual fee of $99.
- Interest-free period. You will receive up to 55 days interest-free on new purchases when you pay your monthly payment balance listed on your statement in full by the payment due date. Note that these interest-free days are separate from any longer-term interest rate promotions and the monthly payment balance excludes current balance transfers.
- Cash advances. The interest applied on cash withdrawals and cash-equivalent transactions is 21.49% p.a. You will also be charged a fee of 2% of transaction amount or $2.50 (whichever is greater), capped at $150 / transaction.
- Credit limits. The minimum credit limit is $6,000, while the maximum credit limit is $80,000.
- Foreign currency conversion fee. Purchases made in foreign currencies are subject to a 3% fee of the Australian dollar value of the purchase or cash withdrawal.