Receive your choice of rewards programs with Platinum extras.
Important InformationThe St.George Amplify Platinum Visa Credit Card - Online Offer is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
You can compare the current range of St.George credit cards here.
Rewards, complimentary insurances, a concierge service and passes to airport lounges are only a small part of what makes the St.George Amplify Platinum credit card an exciting proposition.
You could save thousands in interest by taking up the balance transfer offer, and the savings continue with extended interest-free terms on purchases. You have the choice between two rewards programs, Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas.
St.George Amplify Platinum Visa Credit Card review
As mentioned, this card is no longer available for new applications, however, this review covers the details for any existing cardholders.
Get the year off to a flying start by taking control of your credit card debt. Transfer your existing non-St.George, Bank of Melbourne or BankSA credit card debt to the St.George Amplify Platinum Visa credit card and pay no interest on the balance for 16 months. There’s a lot to like about the Amplify Platinum credit card from St.George, and for the price of just $99, you don’t have to spend big to get your value for money.
Benefits of the St.George Amplify Platinum Visa
- 0% p.a. for 16 months on balance transfers. Transfer a balance from non-Westpac Group credit cards, store cards or charge cards and pay 0% p.a. interest for 16 months. This offer could represent a saving of thousands based on the average Australian credit card balance.
- Balance transfer limits. You can use up to 95% of the approved credit limit or minimum of $200 towards a balance transfer. The minimum balance transfer amount is $200.
- Interest-free days. Continue to benefit from interest-free terms when you pay back what you spend at the end of the statement period. The Amplify Platinum Visa gives you ‘up to’ interest-free days, which kick in once the purchase rate promotion expires.
- St.George Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas
- Amplify Rewards or Amplify Qantas. Choose between two great rewards programs. St.George Amplify Rewards has thousands of redemption options, or opt-in to Amplify Qantas to get rewarded with Qantas Points when you spend.
- Uncapped rewards points. Charge an eligible purchase to the St.George Amplify Platinum credit card and get rewarded with 1 Amplify Point or 0.5 Qantas Points for every dollar you spend in Australia. There is no limit on the number of points you can earn.
- Double points for overseas spending. Get twice the number of points when you use the St.George Amplify Platinum to spend overseas or when you shop online with an international merchant. That’s 2 Amplify Points or 1 Qantas Point per dollar spent.
- Opting into Amplify Qantas. Opt-in to the Amplify Qantas and you will get rewarded with points in one of Australia’s largest frequent flyer programs. You must already be a member to choose this rewards option. St.George will waive the Qantas Program joining fee if you apply for the Amplify Platinum Visa credit card and choose to earn Qantas Points.
St.George Amplify Platinum Visa Credit Card features
- Annual fee. The St.George Amplify Platinum annual fee is just $99.
- Purchase rate. The standard purchase rate of interest charged is 19.49% p.a.
- Complimentary travel insurance. Get free insurance when you travel overseas. Charge at least $500 of your prepaid travel expenses to your Amplify Platinum credit card and be under the age of 80 to be eligible for complimentary cover when you travel. Other complimentary benefits include rental vehicle excess cover, purchase insurance, extended warranty insurance, price guarantee cover and interstate flight inconvenience cover.
- Qantas member benefits. Travel in comfort by opting-in to the Amplify Qantas Program. You will receive two complimentary passes to the Qantas Club Lounge every year.
- Interest-free days. ’Up to 55 days interest-free’ gives you interest-free finance from month to month by paying back what you spend when your statement is issued.
- Additional card holders. Get an extra St.George Amplify Platinum credit card for no additional cost.
- Fraud protection. Shop with peace of mind knowing that your account is protected from fraud. Falcon monitors your account in real time for suspicious transactions. The Visa Zero Liability Policy guarantees a full reimbursement if you are the victim of credit card fraud while shopping online or over the counter — including Visa payWave contactless payments.
- Accessibility. Use this card wherever Visa is accepted, which includes millions of merchants and ATMs all over the world.
- payWave payment. The Amplify Platinum card is Visa payWave enabled. For purchases under $100, tap your card against a contactless reader and the transaction is completed in seconds.
- Visa Platinum benefits. Visa platinum benefits give you preferential ticketing options for concerts and events as well as discounts at selected merchants worldwide.