8 best Sri Lanka tour companies to know about for the ultimate holiday
Discover the beauty, diversity and culture of this island nation with a local as your guide.
Sri Lanka is a hidden gem in the Indian Ocean just begging to be explored. For the most seasoned travellers, it offers the chance to explore everything from lush rainforests to ancient Buddhist ruins, while for the more relaxed traveller, it offers the chance to while away your days on pristine beaches or brilliantly blue waters.
When it comes to making the most of your journey, a tour can help you get your bearings, provide ample knowledge on the history and culture of a country and give you those sneaky insider tips on where to go and what to eat. We think it’s safe to say that these tour companies know their stuff, and we’re backing them as your go-to when visiting Sri Lanka.
Up to $200 off Sri Lanka tours
Valid on departures until April 2017. Book guided tours of Sri Lanka for up to $200 off with STA Travel.
Top Sri Lanka tour companies to book with
To date, TourRadar offers 50 tours of Sri Lanka, ranging from introductory and discovery tours to more niche tours such as spice trails and cycle outings.
- Features tours from major operators such as Exodus Travels, G Adventures, Geckos, Intrepid, On The Go Tours, Peregrine, Solo Travellers, Trafalgar, Tucan Travel and World Expeditions.
- Best price guaranteed. If you find the same tour on the same date at a lower price, TourRadar will match its price.
- Various travel styles available including culture, nature and independent.
View all Sri Lanka tours with TourRadar
2. G Adventures
These experts in youth travel and Yolo packages are no strangers to beautiful Sri Lanka. G Adventures offers fun-filled trips of up to 14 days touring the best of Sri Lanka. One tour even includes a side-trip to Male.
- Travel styles vary from all-ages classic trips to Yolo journeys for 18-30-somethings.
- Low physical grading on Sri Lankan tours, making them accessible to all.
- Small groups of up to 15 guests make these tours exceptionally intimate.
View all Sri Lanka tours with G Adventures
3. Geckos Adventures
When adventure knocks, Geckos answers. This tour company specialises in small group tours that explore the natural wonders of a country, Sri Lanka included. Note that at the time of writing, Geckos was offering only one tour of Sri Lanka.
- Adventurous tours comprised of groups no larger than 16 people.
- Travellers must be aged 18-39 years old.
- Travel like a local on the public train and go on safari at Yala National Park.
View all Sri Lanka tours with Geckos
Owned by TripAdvisor, Viator offers some of the best rated tours around. From day trips to multi-day trips, whatever your style of travel, Viator has it.
- Hundreds of Sri Lanka tours available to book online.
- Multi-day tours and safaris available.
- Low price guarantee. If you find the same tour on the same dates at a lower price, Viator will match it and refund you the difference.
View all Sri Lanka tours with Viator
BeMyGuest specialises in tours throughout Asia and connects travellers with locals to give you a truly immersive, insider experience.
- All activities are verified by BeMyGuest staff and in-house bloggers.
- Private tours are also available for an even more personal experience.
- Over 14,000 tours and activities available online and growing.
View all Sri Lanka tours with BeMyGuest
6. Peregrine Adventures
This UK-based tour and travel company has a particular fondness for off-the-beaten-track tours and couldn’t go past offering a Sri Lanka tour or two…
- Offers a classic and more independent tour of Sri Lanka.
- Travellers must be at least 18 years old.
- Small group tours with a maximum of 16 people.
View all Sri Lanka tours with Peregrine Adventures
7. Intrepid Travel
This Australian tour company is renowned for bringing adventurous tours to the world. It also prides itself in offering sustainable and local community experiences.
- Offers experiences on every continent of the world.
- Trips include some meals, transport and accommodation.
- Trips available for various styles and budgets, including food tours and family adventures.
View all Sri Lanka tours with Intrepid Travel
8. STA Travel
Although STA might be known for student travel, it has plenty of options for young and old as resellers of a wide range of tour operators. The only criteria is a sense of adventure.
- Discounts available for students, teachers and anyone under 26.
- Multiflex passes are available at a cost for those requiring flexible travel.
- Price beat guarantee means STA will match any price you find for the same tour on the same date.
View all Sri Lanka tours with STA Travel
Top Sri Lanka tour deals and discounts
Up to 25% off on last-minute deals
Booking late? It's worth the wait with these slashed prices for last minute travellers.
Save big on last-minute departures
Book a last-minute trip with Peregrine Adventures and save.
New and exclusive deals released weekly. Keep on top of them here.
Sign up for 10% off
Join the Viator newsletter and get 10% off your first purchase, plus access to members-only sales, travel tips and more.
Get up to 20% off your trip
Visit the special offers page at G Adventures and save up to 20% on your trip.
Discover Sri Lanka on a shoestring with G Adventures
Take the 8-day express route through Sri Lanka from $1099 or up your day-count to 12 from $1299 with G Adventures. The possibilities are endless.
Multi-day Sri Lanka tours from $1089
Explore Sri Lanka on a small-group tour with G Adventures, including Kandy, Yala National Park and Unawatuna, from just $1089 per person.