Here's how to find pre-packaged, online legal services for SMEs and startups.
If you run a business then you'll be well aware that legal documents, contracts and agreements can be a time-consuming and expensive part of your work life. But thanks to Sprintlaw this doesn't have to be the case.
Read on to find out how Sprintlaw works, including the key types of online legal services your company could benefit from to drive your growth.
Who is Sprintlaw?
Sprintlaw is an online law company founded in 2017 in Chippendale, New South Wales. The company's proprietary software can automate many legal tasks, such as preparing documents and reviewing contracts. This helps to keep costs low and leaves Sprintlaw's lawyers free to handle customer queries and situations too unique for artificial intelligence.
Sprintlaw services – which operate on a fixed-fee basis – include technology law, intellectual property, contracts, privacy, corporate and commercial law.
What features does Sprintlaw offer?
Sprintlaw specialises in pre-packaged law services for startup and small businesses. They offer a variety of services, including:
- Business set-up. Access the legal know-how to get your new business up and running, from registering your company to setting up your partnership and drafting a Shareholders or Founders Agreement.
- Intellectual property law. Protect your most valuable intangible assets with licensing and trade marks.
- Consumer law. Make sure you're compliant with Australian Consumer Law (ACL), which provides consumers with basic guarantees regarding products and services.
- Contract review. Sprintlaw will point out key issues and risks in your business contracts so you know exactly what you're signing.
- Raising finances. If you choose to increase funds through a business loan or by raising investment capital, Sprintlaw can help you navigate the legal side of financing your business.
- Data and privacy. Ensure you're compliant with data and privacy regulations.
- Employment law. Draft and review employment contracts, a staff handbook and contractor agreements.
If you're not sure exactly what legal services you require, you can also book a free 15-minute consultation to evaluate your business's needs.
Who is Sprintlaw aimed at?
Sprintlaw can help any startup or small business that requires legal assistance and advice, but wants to avoid the expense and wait of working with a traditional law firm. The company's goal is to make the legal side of running a business less complicated and stressful.
How much does it cost?
You can choose which method of working with Sprintlaw, fixed-fee projects or a yearly membership, is best for your business needs. Let's take a closer look.
Sprintlaw offers over 100 pre-packaged, fixed-fee services in all areas of business law. Packages range in price from $99 for a capital raising consult to over $1000 for more hands-on services like contract review. Sprintlaw can also design a custom quote for a package tailored to your specific business needs.
If you see needing legal assistance beyond a single package, you might consider a Sprintlaw membership. For a membership fee of $699 a year, you get unlimited consultation calls, free updates to existing documents, a discounted rate on legal packages, and access to discounted offers on insurance, accounting and other business services.
How does a legal project with Sprintlaw work?
The typical steps you'll need to take with Sprintlaw are:
- Selecting the service you need on the Sprintlaw site
- Reading through the service overview to see if it is the right fit for you
- Requesting a fixed-fee quote from a legal consultant
- Accepting the quote and e-signing the engagement letter
- Speaking with a lawyer about your specific needs
- Finally, you'll receive your completed legal project, usually in five to 10 business days.
Pros and Cons of Sprintlaw
- More cost-effective than a traditional law firm
- A fixed-fee format means you'll never be surprised by the bill
- Lawyers are accessible and turnaround time is usually quick
- You can customise a package to suit your business needs and budget.
- Complex legal issues may be better handled in-person by a traditional lawyer.
How does Sprintlaw compare to similar services?
Online legal services can be a quick and cost-effective way to make sure your SME or startup is in good standing from a legal point of view. While services offered by the likes of Sprintlaw won't suit every business situation, they can be a good option to help break down some of the complexities of traditional business law.