How to use your William Hill promo code to save money when betting on sports, horse racing and greyhounds.
William Hill is an online betting provider that allows eligible adults in Australia to place bets on various sporting events from the comfort of their own home. As well as betting online, you can use the dedicated iOS and Android apps.
Current William Hill promo codes and discount vouchers for February 2017
|Claim up to $200||William Hill will match your first bet (up to $200) as a bonus bet. Excludes residents of NSW, VIC, WA, SA. Conditions apply.||
Last verified 31 Dec 2015
Types of bets you can make
There are different types of bets available to place on William Hill. You can choose the sport you want to bet on and the individual sporting event and then choose the type of bet you’d like to place.
- Win Only Bets are when you place a bet on what competitor will take first place in an event. There is no payment for a second or third placement.
- A Place Only Bet is when you place a bet for a competitor to land in the first, second or third position. This depends on the field size, though. If there are less than five competitors you’ll only receive a payout for a first place finish, a field of five to seven competitors will payout for a first and second place finish, while anything with eight or more competitors will pay out for first, second, and third place finishes.
- Exacta Bets are available on all Australian races that are covered by the National TAB. This bet requires the first two competitors that place be nominated in order.
- Standard Quinella bets are when you pick two competitors to finish first and second, in any order.
- A Box Quinella lets you pick more than two competitors for the same race. Two of those choices must finish first or second (in any order) to win.
- A Standout Quinella is a bet where you can pick as many competitors as you’d like in one race but you have to nominate the competitor you think will finish first or second.
- A Trifecta Bet requires you to nominate the first three place winners in order. These bets are available on all Australian races covered under the National TAB.
- A First 4 Bet requires you to nominate the first four place winners in order. This is also available only on Australian races under the National TAB.
- The All-up Bet, also known as a Multi, Accumulator or Parlay bet, is for racing events. You must pick a maximum of four selections for first or second place in four different races.
- Doubles and Trebles Bets are for Australian Thoroughbred races under the National TAB. They require you to nominate winners of races specified by either TAB Vic or Tattsbet.
- Feature Doubles are bets available on certain featured racing markets. They offer fixed odds betting.
- Quaddie Bets allow you nominate the winners of four races under the National TAB.
- The Win 6 betting type requires you to nominate the winners of six races under the National TAB. You can get a supplementary win if you successfully pick the first five winners.
- Placecard Bets are only available on William Hill online. Here, you simply pick a horse to place in four specific races and nominate your stake. This is available for specific metropolitan and feature country races. You can only win up to $30,000 per day at any one racing venue.
- A Single Bet is, as it states, a the bet taking place on any event in a framed market. For example, a Single Bet can be made to back a team win or for backing a player to score the most in a specific game.
- Margin Bets require that you pick the winning margin for a game, such as Australian Rules, basketball or rugby.
- A Line Bet is where a bookmaker handicaps a match. For instance, if one team is a certain number of points better than the opposition you can back the winning side by more than that amount of points or back the opposition for losing by no more than that amount of points, or to win the match.
- First Tryscorer is a bet where you can back a player to make the first try in a game. With this option, you can also get paid if they score on their second or third attempt, too (at ¼ odds).
- The First Goalscorer Bet is the same as the First Tryscorer but only refers to AFL Premiership.
How do I use my William Hill promo code?
- Read through the available promo codes, click on the code to copy it, and be redirected to William Hill’s site. You will then see the page that has the relevant deal. Note that promo codes for sign-up aren't available to residents of NSW, Victoria, WA or SA.
- Browse through the available bets and choose the type of sport/race/event you want to bet on.
- Click on the bet you want to place and view your bet slip. Then click "place bet".
- You will need to create an account and send a deposit to William Hill before placing your bet.
- You can now finalise your transaction (deposit or initial bet depending on the situation) with the promotion applied to it.
- Congratulations! You’ve just saved money off your William Hill purchase.
Pros and cons of William Hill
- The website has a user-friendly interface,/li>
- Offers a comparatively low minimum deposit for placing bets and a low minimum online bet
- There are a range of deposit options including Paypal and POLI
- Frequent promotions and special betting events are offered to new and current members
- There is no live online betting for Australian residents
- Withdrawals are only available in $1.00 increments
- Gambling is an addictive activity: If you think you have a gambling problem, call Gambling Help on 1800 858 858 or visit Gambling Help.