Special Nürburgring Alfas coming to Australia
Alfa Romeo announces two Nürburgring celebration special editions, bound for Australia.
Just seven examples total will reach Australia, comprising of four performance Giulia Quadrifoglio sedans and three of the limited-run Stelvio Quadrifoglio SUV.
Unique to the NRING features
Guillaume Drelon, a director at Alfa Romeo Australia, said the NRING models were created to celebrate the brand's long motorsport history and production-spec lap times of the infamous Nordschleife circuit in Germany.
"The NRING Limited Edition models take the Quadrifoglio lineup to the next level, honouring Alfa Romeo's century-plus history in racing and highlighting the success it has had on the legendary racing circuit," Drelon said.
Shared features of both models include:
- 2.9-litre V6 Bi-Turbo engine
- Matte "Circuito Grey" livery
- Carbon fibre grille inserts
- Carbon fibre mirror covers
- Carbon-ceramic brakes, with red brake callipers
- Two-tone interior black and red colour scheme
- Sparco® carbon fibre front seats
- Leather & Alcantara® seat upholstery
- Unique to the NRING interior badging
- FCA Heritage department certificate of authenticity – usually reserved for historical cars
The throaty engine summons a peak of 375kW and an uncanny 600Nm of torque. An 8-speed automatic transmission sends power to the rear wheels. Flat out, the sedan will reach 307km/h, while the SUV can hit 283km/h. Both dispatch 0-100km/h in less than 4 seconds. The powerplant's high output and a RWD drivetrain will undoubtedly make the NRING a real hoot to own.
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio NRING
The Alfa Romeo Stelvio was the Italian carmaker's first foray into the SUV segment and it held the quickest production SUV timed lap of the 25.95km long track, with a staggering record of 7 minutes and 51.7 seconds.
Alfa has bestowed NRING edition Stelvios with a panoramic sunroof, 20-inch Dark Miron colour wheels and special badge plaques.
Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio NRING
The exclusive four-door Giulia Quadrifoglio NRING sedan wears a carbon fibre roof, 19-inch Dark Miron alloy wheels and a unique boot plaque.
Limited edition Stelvio and Giulia Quadrifoglio NRING pricing
Alfa is listing the Giulia NRING at $182,900, while the Stelvio commands a $189,900 asking price. The limited editions will arrive in September 2019.
Recent car reviews
- 2021 Genesis G80 Review
- 2022 BMW X3 M and X4 M Competition: What’s new and what we’re looking forward to
- 2021 BMW 430i Review
- 2021 Genesis G70 facelift: What’s changed?
- Soft-top BMW M4 Competition: Just in time for summer fun