Affordable and feature rich insurance policy for Australians travelling to New Zealand or the South Pacific
You’ve got your bags packed. Your flights and accommodation are booked. Still, you can’t help but think that you are forgetting something. Travel insurance. Travel insurance is something you can’t afford to leave home without. Don’t let an unforeseen event ruin your holiday, protect yourself with a comprehensive policy from Southern Cross Travel Insurance (SCTI) New Zealand/South Pacific.
The travel insurance options available from SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan provide travellers with peace of mind and provides the policyholder with financial protection for a range of situations, from delayed flights to lost or stolen baggage and medical emergencies.
SCTI’s New Zealand/South Pacific Policy Options
SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan has several policy options available including:
- Individual cover, which is for a single adult or a single adult and their children
- Family cover, which is for two adults or two adults and their children
- Single trip coverage, which will cover you during specified dates for one trip only
- Multi trip insurance, which provides coverage for an unlimited number of trips for up to no longer than 90 days each time, over a period of twelve months
It is worth noting that dependent children, who are aged 17 years or under, can be covered free under the policy. However, dependent children aged fifteen or under are not be covered under 'Personal Accident', although they are covered under all other sections of the policy, such as unexpected injuries or illness.
Where you can travel with SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific Policy
SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan is designed for use by those who are travelling to New Zealand or the South Pacific. This includes destinations such as:
- American Samoa
- Cook Islands
- French Polynesia
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Norfolk Island
It is important to note that SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan is not designed for use by those travelling outside of the countries as listed above. It also does not cover you for domestic travel within Australia. If you are travelling to a country that is not listed in the New Zealand/South Pacific plan, you will need to select a suitable policy.
What is covered by SCTI’s New Zealand/South Pacific Plan?
When you take out SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan, you benefit from a range of protection. You can travel with peace of mind and reduce the chances of significant financial loss. Situations covered by SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan include:
- Medical and Evacuation. You never know whether you will end up suffering a medical emergency or hospitalisation while you are away. This section of SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan provides cover for:
- Actual and reasonable medical expenses arising from unexpected medical events that could occur while overseas
- Expenses arising from the need for emergency dental treatment
- A cash allowance if you are hospitalised for more than 72 hours continuously while on your travels
- Cover for additional travel or accommodation costs should you unexpectedly become ill or injured
- The cost of a return flight for a nominated person to travel from Australia if you are travelling alone and are hospitalised for more than ten days
- Over for funeral expenses or the return of your remains in the event of your death while you are away
- It is important to read the PDS so that you are aware of what is not covered
- Changes to your journey. In some cases, travellers may experience delays, disruption, and even cancellation of their travel plans through no fault of their own, and without travel insurance this could lead to significant financial losses. When it comes to making changes to your journey, SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan covers you for cases such as:
- If you have to cancel or alter your journey due to an unexpected and unforeseen event
- If you are overseas and your travel is interrupted for more than twelve hours due to an unexpected event
- You have to curtail your journey and return to Australia as the result of an unexpected event
- Your attendance at a special event is delayed or cancelled due to an unexpected event
- As with all other sections in SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan, you need to make sure you read the PDS so you are aware of all the exclusions relating to the section 'Changes to your Journey'
- Baggage and personal items. When we travel, most of us tend to take a fair amount of luggage with us. However, there is always a risk of your luggage being lost, stolen, or damaged during transit, as well as the possibility of delays in receiving your luggage. SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan provides cover for:
- Items that are lost, stolen or damaged during your journey
- Situations where your baggage is delayed for 12 hours or more after your arrival at your destination
- Always read the PDS, as it will provide you with details of any exclusions relating to lost, stolen, damaged or delayed luggage
- Cash and travel documents. Having cover for cash and travel documents on your travels is essential. It can cause real headaches if it becomes lost, damaged, or stolen. SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan provides coverage for situations such as:
- The loss or theft of cash, bank cards and travel documents during your journey up to a specified limit
- Personal accident. Accidents can occur anywhere and at any time. SCTI New Zealand/South Pacific plan provides cover in the unfortunate event that you fall victim to a personal accident while abroad. Cover includes:
- Payment to your estate in the event of your death during your journey directly caused by an injury that you sustain
- Legal expenses relating to your death
- Cover for injuries that directly result in your total and permanent disablement
- Cover for the loss of income due to an injury you sustain while travelling
- Personal liability. A range of unexpected events could arise while you are away, and in some cases you could find yourself being held legally liable for damages and expenses due to such an event. SCTI’s New Zealand/South Pacific plan provides cover for Personal Liability. As with all policies, you should read the PDS to ensure you understand what is and isn’t covered.
- Rental vehicle excess. If you hire a vehicle during your time away and it is lost, stolen or damaged, you are covered for the excess you pay to the rental company.
Apply for Southern Cross Travel Insurance New Zealand/South Pacific
As with all travel insurance policies, you should read the PDS to understand what is covered and what isn’t. With this wide range of benefits, SCTI’s New Zealand/South Pacific plan is ideal for those travelling to the countries listed in the New Zealand/South Pacific plan.