Southern Cross offers savings with a low introductory rate on balance transfers and a low rate on purchases.
No longer offered in the market
The Southern Cross CU MyCard Low Rate Mastercard is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of low interest rate credit cards here.
The Southern Cross CU MyCard Low Rate Mastercard offers you a way to manage your spending without charging too much in the form of interest. A low rate on purchases means any spending you do on the card doesn't cost you too much if you don't pay your balance back, while the balance transfer offer can help you pay down existing credit card debt. This card also comes with complimentary purchase insurances.
Benefits of Southern Cross CU MyCard Low Rate Mastercard
- Low rate. If you don't pay your account's closing balance in full each month purchases start attracting interest immediately, and this is where you can benefit from this card's competitive rate. This purchase rate currently stands at 12.99% p.a.
- Balance transfer offer. If you use this card to transfer balances, at the time of application or when you receive your card, transferred balances attract a low rate of 0% p.a. for the first 12 months. This can lead to noticeable savings in a relatively short period.
- Complimentary insurance covers. While purchase cover insurance provides cover to purchases made using this card against theft, loss, and damage, a guaranteed pricing scheme is in place so you don't end up feeling short-changed by a product you buy going on sale in the near future.
- Global, online, and phone access. Mastercard finds acceptance at over 22-million locations around the world, so you can use your card just about anywhere your travels take you. You can also use this low rate Mastercard for online transactions and for transactions made over-the-phone.
Southern Cross CU MyCard Low Rate Mastercard Features
- Annual fee. An ongoing offer means you can keep paying a discounted annual fee of $49 for as long as you keep your card.
- Balance transfer offer. Pay a low 0% p.a. interest rate for any balances you transfer for the first 12 months and save. You cannot transfer more than 80% of your card's credit limit.
- Interest-free days. If you pay the account's outstanding balance in full for two consecutive months you can take advantage of as many as 55 interest-free days on purchases.
- Complimentary insurance covers. When you make a purchase using this card it receives protection through guaranteed pricing scheme and purchase cover insurance.
- Additional cards. You can request for up to 4 additional cards, but nominated additional cardholders should be at least 16 years old.
- Fraudshield. This service monitors your account activity and keeps a look out for suspicious transactions. As and when it detects any, you can expect to receive a phone call immediately, even when you’re travelling overseas.
- SecureCode. This online program is in place to provide additional security when your credit card’s details make it to the Internet, requesting some personal details if it detects unusual or suspicious activity.
- PayPass. When you see the PayPass symbol at a merchant you can use this card to make contactless payments for purchases under $100.
Applying for this card can be a good idea if you want to take advantage of the features detailed on this pages, but keep in mind there are a range of credit card options available on the market. Take some time to compare few more cards before deciding which one’s most suit your needs.Back to top