Pay 0% p.a. for up to 14 months on balance transfers and get a bunch of insurance covers for free.
No longer offered in the market
The Southern Cross CU Platinum is no longer available for new applications. However, we've kept the information online for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested. You can compare the current range of platinum credit cards here.
Benefits of the Southern Cross Credit Union Platinum Rewards Mastercard
- Balance transfer offer. You can make use of this card to transfer balances from existing cards and you don't have to worry about paying any interest for the first 14 months.
- Bonus points. Enjoy 20,000 introductory points with Southern Cross Credit Union Platinum Rewards Mastercard when you spend $3,000 in the first 3 months of card approval.
- Rewards. This platinum card comes linked to the Card Services Rewards Program, and you earn 1 reward point for every dollar spent on eligible purchases. These points don't expire for as long as your account remains in good standing. Redeeming reward points presents options like using them as cashback, using them to book flight tickets, transferring them to a frequent flyer program account, or exchanging them for store and travel vouchers.
- Complimentary insurances. This card provides a number of complimentary insurance covers, which include guaranteed pricing scheme, purchase cover insurance, transit accident insurance, interstate flight inconvenience insurance, and international travel insurance.
- Platinum concierge service. This global 24/7 service can help you make travel plans, reserve tables at restaurants, books tickets for different kinds of events, organise gifts, and much more.
Southern Cross Credit Union Platinum Rewards Mastercard features
- Annual fee. Pay a discounted annual fee of $99 in the first year. A fee of $129 p.a. applies thereafter.
- Interest rate offer. For the first 14 months from the date of the card's approval, balances from balance transfers don't attract any interest.
- Interest-free days. You can make use of up to 55 interest-free days on purchases, provided you pay your account's closing balance in full every month.
- Complimentary insurances. This platinum card offers various travel and purchase insurances for free.
- Concierge service. A multilingual 24/7 platinum concierge service can provide assistance in matters relating to travel, entertainment, and business.
- Additional cardholders. You can get as many as 4 additional cards linked to your primary card, and spending on these cards earns rewards as well. Additional cardholders should be at least 16 years old.
- PayPass. You can make contactless payments of under $100 at merchants who support this technology.
- Card security. Fraudshield monitors your account activity to detect suspicious transactions, and notifies you of the same immediately. In the online world, SecureCode provides an added layer of security.
While this card seems like a good one to use, take into account that you can find features it offers in other cards as well, so take some time to compare a few before applying.Back to top