5 best sites to book South America tours online
Looking for a little Latin flavour? Check out the best sites for booking the ultimate South America tour.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
Looking for a local experience? A lush, guided adventure? The mountain trek? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve taken a look through some of the most popular providers of South America tours for a low-to-mid budget. Many of them offer a range of tour types that cater to what sort of trip you’re looking for.
Check out the list of tour providers below, and find your perfect journey.
The award-winning, Canada-based tour company has been around for 25 years, offering small-group tours worldwide, but their roots began with Latin America adventures. They now cater to a whole range of travellers, and offers different tours based on level of luxury, age, ability and more.
- Choose from seven different trip styles including options for those looking for a real local experience, travelling with a family, volunteering opportunities or active holidays
- Great options for single travellers, as you have the option of a single supplement or being paired with another solo traveller of the same sex
- All guides are from the areas you’re touring, and they’re big on sustainable tourism options
Probably the first tour company that pops to mind for the 18 to 35-year-old traveller, Contiki offers a range of tour styles and lengths. They started off as mainly a European tour company, but over the last few years have expanded to cover other continents as well, including South America.
- Part of the Travel Corporation group, Contiki’s got a great reputation
- They’ve had more than 50 years’ touring experience
- Offer different tour styles to cater to different types of travellers
With more than 30 years' experience taking travellers on adventures around South America, the award-winning Tucan Travel has spent decades crafting adventures for a range of lengths and travel budgets.
- Tours range from 3 to 55 days long
- Awards include "Best holiday company for Latin America" at the British Travel Awards and "South America's Leading Tour Operator" at the World Travel Awards
- Offers pre-arranged group tours or tailor-made adventures
Another big player in the small-group tour sector, Intrepid also offers a bunch of different tour types geared toward a range of travellers. They’re an Australian company and try to give back to their touring destinations where they can. They founded The Intrepid Foundation in 2002, which supports about 40 grassroots organisations, plus they try and stay, eat and travel like locals whenever possible.
- Choose from 15 different tour “themes” including cultural breaks and expeditions to the more niche food adventures, cycling journeys and wildlife excursions
- They’ll often offer last-minute deals on last-minute departures
- Many tour options start at less than $100 per day
With almost 40 years of experience, Peregrine Adventures knows what they’re doing. While they may seem to be slightly higher priced than some of the other options, one of the great things about Peregrine is that they’re pretty much all inclusive. They’ll include most meals, sightseeing/entry fees and gratuities all in the initial price.
- An almost all-inclusive experience, with most things included in the price.
- Small-group experiences, capped at 16 people per tour
- You’ll stay in comfortable accommodation that’s still full of local character
Best South America budget tour companies:
- G Adventures: Yolo-style tours, and any tour with "on a shoestring" in it's name are among G Adventures most affordable options.
- Intrepid: Basix tours offer the best-value tour.
Best South America tour companies for young adults 18-30s:
- Contiki: All Contiki tours are designed with the 18-30 something traveller in mind.
- G Adventures: With a range of different tour styles offered, G Adventures' Yolo tours are designed specifically for the 18-39 crowd
- Intrepid: While Intrepid doesn't have strict age limits its tours, the Basix tours are catered toward a younger traveller.
Need a flight to meet up with your South America tour?
LATAM Airlines, which is based in Chile, offers direct flights to Santiago and connections to most major cities in South America. Check out some of the destinations they offer flights to on the airline's website.
Ready to book a tour? Check out our coupons:
Popular Travel - South America coupon codes
|Last checked||Code description||Code|
|5 Oct 2020||Up to 65% off stays + $25 credit||********|
|2 Oct 2020||Up to 50% off wildlife tours||********|
|7 Oct 2020||Up to 20% off Latin America tours||********|
|2 Oct 2020||Up to 50% off Latin America tours||********|
|2 Sep 2020||Up to 30% off worldwide trips||********|
Ask an Expert