5 best sites to book South America tours online
Looking for a little Latin flavour? Check out the best sites for booking the ultimate South America tour.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Looking for a local experience? A lush, guided adventure? The mountain trek? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
We’ve taken a look through some of the most popular providers of South America tours for a low-to-mid budget. Many of them offer a range of tour types that cater to what sort of trip you’re looking for.
Check out the list of tour providers below, and find your perfect journey.
The award-winning, Canada-based tour company has been around for 25 years, offering small-group tours worldwide, but their roots began with Latin America adventures. They now cater to a whole range of travellers, and offers different tours based on level of luxury, age, ability and more.
- Choose from seven different trip styles including options for those looking for a real local experience, travelling with a family, volunteering opportunities or active holidays
- Great options for single travellers, as you have the option of a single supplement or being paired with another solo traveller of the same sex
- All guides are from the areas you’re touring, and they’re big on sustainable tourism options
Probably the first tour company that pops to mind for the 18 to 35-year-old traveller, Contiki offers a range of tour styles and lengths. They started off as mainly a European tour company, but over the last few years have expanded to cover other continents as well, including South America.
- Part of the Travel Corporation group, Contiki’s got a great reputation
- They’ve had more than 50 years’ touring experience
- Offer different tour styles to cater to different types of travellers
Another big player in the small-group tour sector, Intrepid also offers a bunch of different tour types geared toward a range of travellers. They’re an Australian company and try to give back to their touring destinations where they can. They founded The Intrepid Foundation in 2002, which supports about 40 grassroots organisations, plus they try and stay, eat and travel like locals whenever possible.
- Choose from 15 different tour “themes” including cultural breaks and expeditions to the more niche food adventures, cycling journeys and wildlife excursions
- They’ll often offer last-minute deals on last-minute departures
- Many tour options start at less than $100 per day
With almost 40 years of experience, Peregrine Adventures knows what they’re doing. While they may seem to be slightly higher priced than some of the other options, one of the great things about Peregrine is that they’re pretty much all inclusive. They’ll include most meals, sightseeing/entry fees and gratuities all in the initial price.
- An almost all-inclusive experience, with most things included in the price.
- Small-group experiences, capped at 16 people per tour
- You’ll stay in comfortable accommodation that’s still full of local character
Best South America budget tour companies:
- G Adventures: Yolo-style tours, and any tour with "on a shoestring" in it's name are among G Adventures most affordable options.
- Intrepid: Basix tours offer the best-value tour.
Best South America tour companies for young adults 18-30s:
- Contiki: All Contiki tours are designed with the 18-30 something traveller in mind.
- G Adventures: With a range of different tour styles offered, G Adventures' Yolo tours are designed specifically for the 18-39 crowd
- Intrepid: While Intrepid doesn't have strict age limits its tours, the Basix tours are catered toward a younger traveller.
Need a flight to meet up with your South America tour?
LATAM Airlines, which is based in Chile, offers direct flights to Santiago and connections to most major cities in South America. Check out some of the destinations they offer flights to on the airline's website.
Ready to book a tour? Check out our coupons:
More guides on Finder
7 unforgettable South Australian family holiday destinations
Sort your itinerary and your accommodation in one hit with our top spots to take the family in South Australia.
The best PlayStation 4 games of all time
Buying a PlayStation 5 at launch? Here are 12 classic PlayStation 4 games that you definitely need to keep in your collection.
Best places to visit in New South Wales
From tropical, offshore islands to scintillating wine regions, we've rounded up the best places to visit around the state .
Take a sneak peek at Click Frenzy’s™ local travel deals
Here's a small look into the hundreds of deals dropping at 7pm on 17 March 2020.
TourRadar Black Friday deals 2021
Score huge deals on tours to Europe, Africa, Asia, New Zealand, South America and more with the 2019 TourRadar Black Friday sale.
The very best travel deals to scoop up in Click Frenzy™ 2019
Save up to 55% off your next travel adventure with one of the biggest Australian sales.
Top tours for young people that you should have on your radar if you’re 18-30 something
Explore the world alongside like-minded travellers with these top 18-35-year-old tour companies.
6 tour companies that let you book now and pay later
Take control of your finances with these tour companies that let you book now and pay later.
The TourRadar Travel Expo is back and it’s got up to 70% off tours worldwide
EXPIRED: From the pyramids in Egypt to the wilds of the Amazon, take your pick of the world's best sights.
Cheap Flights of the Week: Vietnam, Hawaii and South Africa
Explore the wonders of Vietnam, sip cocktails on the beach in Hawaii or be awestruck by the untamed wildlife of South Africa.
Ask an Expert