5 companies to check out for wild South Africa tours for singles
And yes, safaris are included.
Wildlife, wine and waves. Is there anything South Africa doesn’t have?
If you’re itching to explore the colourful southern tip of Africa, but don’t have a travel buddy or are keen to explore solo, then consider joining one of the tours these companies offer. They’ll take you to some of the best game reserves, vineyards and beaches South Africa has to offer.
1. G Adventures
From wine region tours to game drives to beaches, there's plenty to see in South Africa and G Adventures' solo-traveller-friendly tours pack in as much or as little as you like.
- Wildlife spots visited: Addo Elephant National Park, Kruger National Park, Tsitsikamma National Park, Karongwe Private Game Reserve
- Age restrictions: Minimum of 18 years to travel alone. Yolo trips are for travellers 18-39
- Accommodation: Shared with the same gender. Private room available for a supplement
Go to G Adventures website
View coupon codes for G Adventures
2. Oasis Overland via TourRadar
Geared toward longer-term travellers, Oasis Overland's trips last anywhere from 14 days to a whopping 40 weeks. These overland adventures make the most of land transport giving you a real taste of Africa at eye level.
- Wildlife spots visited: None. Multi-country tours visit national parks and game reserves in neighbouring countries
- Age restrictions: Minimum 18 years to travel alone
- Accommodation: Shared. Private room available for a supplement. Must pay a supplement if you are the only person on your tour
Go to Oasis Overland via TourRadar website
View coupon codes for Oasis Overland via TourRadar
3. Topdeck Travel via TourRadar
The toughest decision you'll have to make on a Topdeck tour is whether to go for comfortable accommodation or go wild and camp for your trip. And don't fret about being alone in a tent amongst the animals. Topdeck can pair you up with a fellow solo travel
- Wildlife spots visited: Kruger National Park, Hluhluwe Game Reserve, Addo Elephant National Park
- Age restrictions: Minimum of 18 years; maximum of 39 years
- Accommodation: Shared. Select tours have private rooms available for a supplement
Go to Topdeck Travel via TourRadar website
View coupon codes for Topdeck Travel via TourRadar
Topdeck tours from $85 per day
Book Topdeck tours in Europe, North America, Africa and more from just $85 per day.