South Africa flights down to $1,061 return
Take off to Johannesburg from four Australian cities.
Return flights to South Africa have dropped to as low as $1,061 return when flying with South African Airways and Virgin Australia.
These fares are available on flights to Johannesburg from Brisbane, but tickets are also available from Melbourne from $1,062.
For those looking to collect Qantas Frequent Flyer points, or who are based in other Australian cities, you can pay slightly more for the same route. Fares from Brisbane with Qantas are from $1,104 return, along with Sydney from $1,101, Adelaide for $1,103 or Perth for $1,242.
To get these fares, one connection through Perth is required.
Flights are available from Brisbane in May, Melbourne in June and July, Sydney in September and Adelaide in November.
Although most are available during the winter, the months from May to September are said to be the best times to see wildlife. Johannesburg is the closest gateway to Kruger National Park if arriving to South Africa from Australia. Other nearby parks and reserves include Pilanesburg National Park and Welgovonden Game Reserve.
We found these fares through I Want That Flight. They aren't part of a greater sale and can sell out at at any time.
- Virgin Australia sale slashes Perth fares in half
- Qantas flight sale: Take off across Australia from $99
- Jetstar’s EOFY sale has landed: Catch flights from $29 a pop
- Click Frenzy™ Travel early flight sales drop: 10% off Qatar Airways and Air New Zealand
- Virgin sale: Take off to Bali, Fiji, Samoa, Vanuatu and Queenstown from $399 return