Sony’s taking bookings for PlayStation VR at EB Expo
If you’re heading to EB Expo, prepare to book a session time to experience PlayStation VR.
It’s not that long before PlayStation VR hits Australian store shelves, with Sony’s take on VR due to arrive on 13 October. Before that happens, Sony’s taking PlayStation VR to a variety of Westfield shopping centres across the eastern side of Australia. It’s also announced, and really this should be no surprise, that it will be showing off PlayStation VR at the upcoming EB Expo.
EB Expo takes place at the Sydney Showground in Olympic Park between 30 September and 2 October, and Sony will show off PlayStation VR there. Given the relative complexity of the VR experience, which really isn’t one where you can just pick up a controller and go, however, it’s encouraging those attending the show to book ahead through its trypsvr.com site.
Sony advises that only a "limited" number of booking slots will be available on a first-come, first served basis, and while there will be an even more limited number of walk-up opportunities, given the hustle and bustle of the average EB Expo, we wouldn’t bet on the odds of you being able to just walk up and have a go.
PlayStation VR will go on sale in Australia on 13 October 2016 at a suggested price of $549.95. EB Expo requires a ticket to attend, but there's no specific charge for booking a PlayStation VR demo once you're inside.
- Old Aussie rivalries live on in upcoming esports league
- Xbox One owners can save big on Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Star Wars Battlefront II and more right now
- March’s Games With Gold line-up is super hot
- Secret of Mana Review (PS4): What the hell did you do Square Enix?
- Save up to 70% on Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Division and more in Humble Store’s Ubisoft sale