Sony Xperia X series: Australian plan pricing compared
Here’s the pricing for every Australian carrier so far to range phones from Sony’s Xperia X series.
Sony has managed to get the big players in the local telco scene to offer its Xperia X phones, albeit with many models only available through specific providers. Virgin Mobile is only offering the lower range Xperia XA, but has an exclusive on the Rose Gold model of that phone. Vodafone offers the Xperia XA and Xperia X on contract, making it the only player at launch to offer the Xperia X. Optus has no announced Xperia plans, but then Virgin Mobile is owned by Optus, so it is effectively offering it by proxy. Telstra will sell the higher-end Xperia X Performance phone on contract.
It’s always worth comparing contract costs against outright purchase costs. Sony will sell the Xperia XA in Australia for $499, the Xperia X for $799 and the Xperia X Performance for $999 outright.
Vodafone and Virgin Mobile are already offering the Xperia XA and Xperia X on contract, but Telstra has yet to announce its pricing for the Xperia X Performance. We’ll update the table below with Telstra’s pricing once it’s announced.
Here’s what you’ll pay for the Xperia X series across carriers in Australia:
- Score a massive 45GB of mobile data for just $15 with Catch Connect’s latest deal
- Are unlimited mobile data plans too slow for their own good?
- Telstra stops selling ZTE phones: What you need to know
- TPG’s unlimited mobile data plans will cost just $9.99 a month
- Telstra is taking esports on the go with the power of 5G